• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Web admin port resets on steam update

dimitrifrom31

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
Hi,

It's been an issue for a while so I figured I should ask here for a work around/fix:

When you run a steam update it resets the KFWeb.ini which disables webadmin and sets port back to default 8080.
This is extremely annoying as you usually get that reminded when trying to actually use it and as players are on server you just can't use it without restarting it.

Is there a known fix/work around and if not can that be sorted like enforcing the web admin settings in command line ?

Thank you.

read only is a bad option in my opinion. If the config file resets it is because engine detected a problem. (But it may be the best actually)

You can edit de fault ini file in case it got reseted, but this is also a bad option.

You can add a switch in command line to force the webadmin port too (look in server wiki), but if file resets, it will disable webadmin so in the end you always have to edit the file.

Upvote 0