Web admin port resets on steam update

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

dimitrifrom31

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
Hi,

It's been an issue for a while so I figured I should ask here for a work around/fix:

When you run a steam update it resets the KFWeb.ini which disables webadmin and sets port back to default 8080.
This is extremely annoying as you usually get that reminded when trying to actually use it and as players are on server you just can't use it without restarting it.

Is there a known fix/work around and if not can that be sorted like enforcing the web admin settings in command line ?

Thank you.

Aurien

May 16, 2009
Locking the file to read only should prevent it from getting overwritten. You can also remove the validate variable from your app update command. The validate variable is what's causing your the file to get set back to default.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
read only is a bad option in my opinion. If the config file resets it is because engine detected a problem. (But it may be the best actually)

You can edit de fault ini file in case it got reseted, but this is also a bad option.

You can add a switch in command line to force the webadmin port too (look in server wiki), but if file resets, it will disable webadmin so in the end you always have to edit the file.

dimitrifrom31

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
I might test read only to begin with as you are correct, webadmin will turn off even if enforcing port anyway. thanks for suggestions.