• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WeaponSounds 716ID

Hello guys!

All the members of the 716ID are proud to annonce our new mutator with only weapons sounds
Reaching has possible tacticals and realitistics conditions,
we made this mutator for a better immersion.

So,this new mutator is called:

"WeaponSound 716ID"

Download link:WeaponSound716ID

This is the complete list of changes:

kar98
kar98 sniper (same has kar98)
g43
g43 sniper (same has g43)
luger
m38
m44
mg42
mosin 9130
mosin 9130 sniper (same has mn9130)
mp40
mp41
ppd40
pps43
ppsh41
stg44
svt40
sct40 sniper (same has svt40)
tt33
grenades

This is looking like an excelent mutator so far, good job.

In the previous mutator you mixed it with the INFPenetration mutator because there were some conflicts when they were seperate, has this been solved? Will this mutator work with the INFPenetration mutator?

Also, I'm having some trouble with where I should be placing the third mutator file.

Heres the directions from the link:

Decompress the archive file and send the Ballistic716ID.ini, Ballistic716ID.u, and Ballistic716ID.ucl files in the system folder. Put the Ballistic716ID.u.uz2 file at the address of redirection (same place for maps). ReStart the sever, go in the WebAdmin to activate the mutator.

When I downloaded it, there was no .ini file, where is it and does it have anything important on it?

I know that the .u and .ucl allways go in the System folder, that was easy.

But the directions just say to accept a redirect command for the .u.uz2 file, but the program I use for opening .rar files doesn't use a redirect, I have to place it manually, where does the .u.uz2 file go?

Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
This is looking like an excelent mutator so far, good job.

In the previous mutator you mixed it with the INFPenetration mutator because there were some conflicts when they were seperate, has this been solved? Will this mutator work with the INFPenetration mutator?

Also, I'm having some trouble with where I should be placing the third mutator file.

Heres the directions from the link:

Decompress the archive file and send the Ballistic716ID.ini, Ballistic716ID.u, and Ballistic716ID.ucl files in the system folder. Put the Ballistic716ID.u.uz2 file at the address of redirection (same place for maps). ReStart the sever, go in the WebAdmin to activate the mutator.

When I downloaded it, there was no .ini file, where is it and does it have anything important on it?

I know that the .u and .ucl allways go in the System folder, that was easy.

But the directions just say to accept a redirect command for the .u.uz2 file, but the program I use for opening .rar files doesn't use a redirect, I have to place it manually, where does the .u.uz2 file go?

Thanks for your time.

the uz2 file is for server redirects to feed the file to players. The .ini file is probably a holdover from the old doc file when the sounds and penetration muts were together.

Upvote 0
guys no offense but most of the sounds are truly very poor, perticulary the grenade blast. It never ceases to amaze me how people can favour such blatently inferior sounds.

No offense taken or made... BUT.... it never ceases to amaze me as to how self appointed mavins can find the gall to offer mindless opinons.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if any of you people here have watched Band of Brothers (hundreds of times like me :cool:), but the MP40 is firing the same sound as the BoB soldiers' Garands. Having used that sound for almost a year in my DoD days, I recognized it instantly.

I'm sorry, but I find the MP40 firing sound total bullsh*t. You did a rather poor job on that aspect. Find a real MP40 sound next time :mad:

I like the rifle sounds, but the G43 and the SVT-40 make me feel really weird inside. The STG44 doesn't sound bad, and the grenade sounds are pretty good, I must add.

The only thing I find really good was the rifle sounds. These are really accurate. Gj with those, not so gj with the rest :|

Fix the damn MP40 sound, it gets on my nerves when I hear it D:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not mindless though its completely true. Most of your sounds are inferior to the defaults. How in the name of god can you honestly not agree?

I would give u guys my soundpack to make into a mutator if u like. u can even call it your own - i dont care - as long as I can play it online instead of pratice mode.

Upvote 0
Nope, never fired any of the guns, as you say. I really don't have any grounds to the realism of the weapon sounds, but I've watched several shooting videos (and those are hard to judge, too, since the total sound is often lowered by the recording)

Now that I look back on it, yeah, the sounds are different. My bad :(

I just don't like the sounds, and I guess we could live with that :rolleyes:

EDIT: Huh? Where did Mike's post go? :\ i'm replying to mike but he must've deleted his post directed at me...o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope, never fired any of the guns, as you say. I really don't have any grounds to the realism of the weapon sounds, but I've watched several shooting videos (and those are hard to judge, too, since the total sound is often lowered by the recording)

Now that I look back on it, yeah, the sounds are different. My bad :(

I just don't like the sounds, and I guess we could live with that :rolleyes:

EDIT: Huh? Where did Mike's post go? :\ i'm replying to mike but he must've deleted his post directed at me...o_O

I'm sorry for that.... I felt I was a tad too rough on you. But you were a gentleman and responded like one.

As far as the sounds go, they're pretty close to the real thing. Its true I've fired many of the weapons in RO... Was even lucky enough to go for a ride in a Tiger. Now if only we could get the ready racks, (faster re-load speed), and the turret speed up. Yes the Turret on the Tiger and few other WW2 Tanks can go faster if the engine is running and rev'ed up.

Upvote 0
SOund quality isn't great and the weapon sounds in my view are sub par compared with ROs, some potential but a lot of work imo

if this was being released for CoD i would however say otherwise...

Dunno about all that ...

I know you are a "sound" man.... but.... compared to the stock RO sounds.. which seem to me to lack fidelity.. plenty of lows and little to no highs...

This sound mut brings a breath of fresh air to the overall sound quality.

If and when something better comes along.. I'll have a look and listen. Right now this is it. Its all we have for an improvement.

Upvote 0