• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons suggestions

How about this for an LMG? :D

A Browning M1919 converted by Marine Corporal Tony Stein dubbed, "The Stinger"

1200 rounds PER MINUTE! :eek: :cool:

anm2stingerqi0.jpg

Upvote 0
He took it off a combat aircraft, and aircraft MGs tend to have souped-up rates of fire. :IS2:

Imagine it in-game though--the American MG42! Even as a hero weapon it would sure put the Japanese at a disadvantage, especially if all their hero has is a Type 100 smg with the puny 8mm round :D

The Imperial Army is just reeallly outclassed when it comes to weapons...

Upvote 0
He took it off a combat aircraft, and aircraft MGs tend to have souped-up rates of fire. :IS2:

Imagine it in-game though--the American MG42! Even as a hero weapon it would sure put the Japanese at a disadvantage, especially if all their hero has is a Type 100 smg with the puny 8mm round :D

The Imperial Army is just reeallly outclassed when it comes to weapons...
Yeah I read later that the Marines wanted a hard hitting, troop carried quick attack weapon with a high rate of fire that could take out MG positions and bunkers quickly. The standard Browning M1919 and the B.A.R both had to slow rates of fire for what the Marines wanted so they came up with the Stinger. They were AN-M2 .30 cals out of SBD Dauntless Dive Bombers and converted with an M1 Garand stock and a B.A.R bipod. 5 were sent to one Platoon and the other was sent to another Platoon which got in the hands of Tony Stein. It was a very effective weapon and the Marines loved it.

Yeah the Japanese didn't have very good weapons. They still had bolt action Arisakas which I'm sure were out classed by the Semi Auto M1 Garand. The Type 100 wasn't very reliable and often had jamming problems. The best guns they had were probably the Type 96 and Type 99 LMGs.

Upvote 0
There should be some consideration for the M5 Reising (sp?) for the marines. It very briefly appeared in MoH Pacific Assault and, all things considered, it was very interesting simply for the fact that I had never heard of it before.
800px-Model-50.jpg

The Johnson automatic rifle too.
800px-M1941.jpg

And the M1941 Johson machine gun
Machine_gun_M1941_Johnson_3.jpg

Now, as for Japanese weapons, I'm sure we'll get several different models of Arisaka (Type 38, Type 38 carbine, Type 44 carbine, Type 99, and I forget the sniper model, Type 97?), the Type 96 and 99 machine guns., and the Type 100 SMG.

What they NEED, NEED NEED NEED to put in is the Type 11 LMG. Why? Because its reload is AWESOME!

Upvote 0
There should be some consideration for the M5 Reising (sp?) for the marines. It very briefly appeared in MoH Pacific Assault and, all things considered, it was very interesting simply for the fact that I had never heard of it before.

The Johnson automatic rifle too.

There WAS consideration - we considered and rejected both. I have to say none of us thought, "It was in MOHPA therefore we MUST have it."

No way we are going to squander our limited manpower on weps that would only be used on one map. Sorry, but no.

Type 11 LMG, similarly. DH showed us that deployable weapons requiring crew co-operation, rarely have much of an impact on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There WAS consideration - we considered and rejected both. I have to say none of us thought, "It was in MOHPA therefore we MUST have it."

No way we are going to squander our limited manpower on weps that would only be used on one map. Sorry, but no.

Does this apply to the M1903 Springfield (unscoped) or no? I can't wait to play this expansion. It's about time the Pacific was done right.

Upvote 0
Does this apply to the M1903 Springfield (unscoped) or no? I can't wait to play this expansion. It's about time the Pacific was done right.

Well the Springfield has to be in if we are to do USMC on Guadalcanal and it is not much of a task to add the scope for later maps so the Springfield is prolly quite a safe bet, I would say.

Upvote 0
Type 11 LMG, similarly. DH showed us that deployable weapons requiring crew co-operation, rarely have much of an impact on the battlefield.

Oh, hmm....
Would the Type 11 require crew co-operation beyond what the MG-34 and DP-28 requires? I've obviously never used any of those, but it seems to me that the Type 11 could be a 1-man job, although I do understand that rendering the model and reload animation for such a strange weapon may be rather unwarranted.

I think that this weapons should appear at some point in the future though (post-release), if I remember correctly it wasn't the rarest weapon on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, hmm....
Would the Type 11 require crew co-operation beyond what the MG-34 and DP-28 requires? I've obviously never used any of those, but it seems to me that the Type 11 could be a 1-man job, although I do understand that rendering the model and reload animation for such a strange weapon may be rather unwarranted.

I think that this weapons should appear at some point in the future though (post-release), if I remember correctly it wasn't the rarest weapon on the battlefield.

Most videos I have seen have one guy continuously feeding clips into the hopper whilst the gunner keeps it aimed. An MG that could have reloads every 5 shots seems rather high maintenance. The Japanese ditched this weapon as soon as they could because of reliability problems (twigs, dirt etc. getting into the hopper alongside the bullets)

Upvote 0
Well the Springfield has to be in if we are to do USMC on Guadalcanal and it is not much of a task to add the scope for later maps so the Springfield is prolly quite a safe bet, I would say.

What about the M1897/M12 Trench Gun and the M2 Flamethrower? Both were pretty big players in the Pacific War.

I don't know if I ever got a yes if they'll be in there for sure. I sure would like a confirmation on those 2 :D

Upvote 0
Since RO2 will feature static machine-guns mounted on tripods will we also see mounted machine guns in RS?

Like the [SIZE=-1]Model 92 for example? Fed with 30 round strips it sure delivers suppression for short periods and not dominating the entire battlefield, but rather creating a tactical challenge for the Americans to out flank it?
[/SIZE]

Upvote 0
Maybe (probably) this is a dumb question, but will there be a flamethrower? Seems integral to the whole pacific experience.

I suppose the M1A1 would almost be a certainty since it's nearly synonymous with the US army and depending the map I'd guess the trench guns could be in but of course on the larger, more open maps they'd be nearly useless.

You'd be surprised. You may think you're at long range in a lot of RO/ MN and DH maps, but you're generally not. it's quite rare to be shooting at somebody beyond 100 meters. Buckshot would be less effective, but not entirely useless at 100 meters. The balls would still injure or kill you if they hit you, making it a fairly good suppression weapon for heavy-brush maps.

Given that many of the maps are liable to have jungle in them, the trench gun would be quite at home with the ranges of 30-80 meters.

Upvote 0