• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Weapons fire after spawning

This happened to me several times during a match, so the next match I made it a point to try to duplicate the bug so I can rule out that it was just a random occurrence.

I found that my weapon was misfiring when I'd mash a couple combinations of buttons. When I'd do a double sprint (holding shift and pressing W, then immediately releasing W and pressing it again). My weapon would then fire itself (with my hand off my mouse) in the next 1 to 3 seconds.

I then spammed this combo and stopped. My gun fired itself 3 times within an 8 second period with about 2-4 seconds in between each shot. I noticed that when I died as I pressed the Sprint Button (left shift) and forward (w) and died as I pressed them, that I would spawn and shoot within the first 2 seconds of spawning. If I tried to sprint immediately after spawning and the misfire was already happening, it would misfire a second time.

I was unable to fully duplicate it with Crouch (left Ctrl) and Forward (W). When I'd spam this, it didn't always result in a misfire, only about 75% of the time.

Again, I did all of this without having my hand on the mouse, so that I knew that there was no human error of clicking the trigger mouse button.

So if TWI reads my post here, this can get them started in the right direction of looking into this BUG.

Upvote 0