• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

weapons accuracy

hello everyone,
i have just bought RO2 and am a little surprised at the way in which the weapons perform and how accurate they are. I have fired most of the weapons on this game live.
1) ppsh41, recoil too great - the ppsh41 has very little recoil and no muzzle lift as the compensator at the muzzle is very affective. the stick magazine was very rare at this point of the war and wouldn't be a common site until early 1945 - the drum magazine was by far more common.

2)muzzle flash, i think it may be my settings - but if not, the guns are lacking the muzzle flash.

3)mkb42, didn't start field trials of this weapon until early 1943, the guns were tested at leningrad, they were produced in very small numbers and quickly replaced with the stg43/44.

4)avt4, production of this weapon didn't start until september 1943.

5)light machineguns, the recoil - like the ppsh is too much, these weapons when deployed on their bipods have very little recoil and no muzzle lift.

note on uniforms too, red army uniforms did not have coloured collar tabs in the field after 1940, they were a pale green/khaki colour. buttons for field uniforms were green or black. it is very very difficult to wear a russian m40 helmet without the chinstrap fastened under the chin! and the russian m35/40 uniform did not have shoulder straps/epaulettes.

-don't really know much about the german uniforms, but i do know (from photo's) they had greatcoats when it was cold - even at stalingrad!

apart from that it's a smashing game, really enjoy it - the tanks are brilliant and the grain elevator looks fantastic!!! as do all the maps!

Welcome to the forums, mate.

Good comments and if you use search, you can see that those things have been discussed over and over many times already. And without any concrete outcome really.

Are you sure about this one?

4)avt4, production of this weapon didn't start until september 1943.

http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/RIFLES4.htm

jaegerplatoon.net said:
AVT-40 automatic rifle was accepted to manufacturing in May of 1942 and the first weapons came out of production line already in July of the same year. The reason allowing advance as fast as this was rather simple - the changes required for making SVT-40 select-fire automatic were only minor. Only real changes happened in trigger mechanism. While in SVT-40 the safety switch had only two settings - (semi auto) fire and safe, in AVT-40 the switch had also full auto setting for automatic fire. However, likely AVT-40 were used mostly in semi auto mode, as full automatic fire was quite difficult to control and durability proved to be an issue. All the reliability issues of SVT-40 were still included to the design and now the automatic fire caused additional problems. The main visual difference between SVT-40 and AVT-40 is in their muzzle brakes. Muzzle brake of AVT-40 has only 4 large vents - 2 in each side. In addition new stronger stock version was manufactured for AVT-40. Sometimes AVT-40 muzzle brakes and/or AVT-40 stocks can be found in SVT-40 rifles, but these might be results of later repairs and arsenal refurb work. The Soviets stopped manufacturing of AVT-40 in summer of 1943.

Upvote 0
2)muzzle flash, i think it may be my settings - but if not, the guns are lacking the muzzle flash.

I've heard a few people mention that they don't see muzzle flashes. I've used settings ranging all across the board while trying to find the right performance balance for myself, and everytime I have always seen the muzzle flashes from the weapons, especially on night maps or fallenfighters...... some have mentioned that if you have bloom turned off, it's harder to see the muzzle flashes.

It might also have something to do with your lighting quality settings.... I'm not too sure, but muzzle flashes are in the game, you might just have to mess around with some settings.

Glad you're enjoying the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: TT33 and Sensemann
Upvote 0
I have made some high-speed-pics, shooting my SVT and my Mosin with old suplus-ammonition.

SVT

SVT40 Tokarev SWT40 Zeitlupe slowmotion Tokarew - YouTube

SVT40 SWT40 Tokarev Zeitlupe 1000 fps slowmotion Tokarew - YouTube

SVT40 SWT40 Tokarev - 1000 fps Zeitlupe Tokarew - YouTube

With the Mosin, i was not able (60 pics/sec.) to catch one, because there is none....with the Tokarev there often nothing, too. It depends of the ammo loudout, which is different nearly to every bullet.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
stitchcounter said:
I've seen muzzle flash and killed a few people thanks to that. Maybe - correct me if I am wrong - muzzle flash is more noticeable on gloomy maps and in dark areas while being less noticeable on daylight map and in the sun?

I've noticed more muzzle flash with auto weapons like PPSh or MG - that I can say for sure, because I saw both the weapon and the people killing me - but I can't say if there is a difference between bolt-action rifle and elite rifleman weapon.

Upvote 0
I have made some high-speed-pics, shooting my SVT and my Mosin with old suplus-ammonition.

SVT

SVT40 Tokarev SWT40 Zeitlupe slowmotion Tokarew - YouTube

SVT40 SWT40 Tokarev Zeitlupe 1000 fps slowmotion Tokarew - YouTube

SVT40 SWT40 Tokarev - 1000 fps Zeitlupe Tokarew - YouTube

With the Mosin, i was not able (60 pics/sec.) to catch one, because there is none....with the Tokarev there often nothing, too. It depends of the ammo loudout, which is different nearly to every bullet.

Just my 2 cents.

cool videos. but did you film it using a toaster?!

Upvote 0
The drum magazine was a direct copy from the Finnish Suomi. Most drum magazines were no longer desired by 1942 due to removing the cover, tightening the spring loading bullets to only have the spring come unlatched spilling bullets everywhere before you got the cover on. When Soldiers first started seeing the stick magazines in late 42, they usually ditched the drums in favor of the stick and its conventional top load design. PPD-40 originally had stick magazines but drums were copied from the Suomi. After the invasion the tooling and factory for the stick magazine was relocated about 400km east of Moscow and was not fully functional till late spring of 42. Large numbers were sent to troops by the Autumn of 42 and more manufacturing sites were also producing them.

The mkb42 was delivered to the front in small numbers in autumn of 42 but no records exist if it saw combat at stalingrad. Over 10,000 may have been delivered to front line troops ( source Bundeswehr technical musuem Koblenz)

Welcome to RO and hope to see you on the streets of Stalingrad!

Upvote 0
T another person who can't take realitism

T another person who can't take realitism

I have seen alot of stuff about recoil already and my response is that guns give off recoil. Deal with it. The amount is actually pretty accurate to the amount in real life. This being a realistic game, that is the right thing to do and you have to calculate the amount of fire with the distance and recoil. Ya want otherwise, call of duty is for you my freind. I prefer realistic gaming so recoil really isn't an issue

Reactions: DesiQ
Upvote 0