• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon & Specimen Stats (PDF)

Phada

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
France
phada.2ya.com
Hi,
here is a document about the KF weapons & specimens entierely based on the SDK.
There are a LOT of numbers/calculations and something can be wrong. All corrections and suggestions are welcome.

Current Version: 1.61 (KF v1043)

Table of contents:
p.2~3 Ranged Weapon Stats
p.4 Melee Weapon Stats, Damage Multipliers to Big Zeds
p.5 Penetration, Kickback, Spread Bonus, Patriarch Healing Mecanism
p.6 Burning Mecanism
p.7~10 Fire Damage-Over-Time Tables
p.11 Crossbow & M99AMR Headshot Mecanism
p.12 Player Healing Mecanism
p.13~14 Specimens Health
p.15 Specimens Attack & Damage
p.16 Specimens Movement Speed
p.17 Player Movement Speed
p.18 Specimens Bounty Reward, Money Infos

Version 1.61 (2012/11/09):
-Updated Buzzsaw Bow ammo cost.
-Updated Scythe damage and attack speed.
-Updated Claymore attack speed.
-Added a note about the Claymore/Scythe auto-attack.
-Clarified a note about the patriarch claw attack.

Version 1.60 (2012/10/30):
-Added complete dot tables for trenchgun, flaregun (=huskgun uncharged), huskgun (full charged) and flamenade. Suggested by Aze.
-Corrected all flamethrower dot tables, calculation for min tick 9 & 10 were incorrect.
-Renamed the flamethrower & mac10 dot page to fire damage-over-time tables.
-Fixed the number of heal/damage of the medic nade. Thanks to poosh.
-Fixed the Huskgun's base damage. Thanks to poosh.
-Added the exact Huskgun's base dot damage.
-Added/Modified several ranged weapon notes about all the new fire based weapons. Thanks to poosh.
-Added MAC10 notes in the same way.
-Added a note to clarify the MAC10's dot formula.
-Updated a note about the husk fire resistance flaw for the new fire weapons. Thanks to poosh
-Updated a note about the burning effect to gorefast and scrake. Thanks to poosh.
-Updated flamenade's blast radius. (I don't know when this has been changed, maybe long time ago)
-Updated spread bonus on single shot note for new automatic weapons.
-Fixed trenchgun note about his perk progression. Thanks to scray ghost.
-Fixed the scrake/fp resistance to buzzsaw & m99.
-Added the claymore/scythe's vertical aiming flaw in a note.
-Added the pipebomb's detection radius in a note.

Version History up to 1.50 on Pastebin.

Streaming and alternate download on Mediafire.

To Do:
-Armor Absorption Mecanism. (suggested by scary ghost)
-Random Free Items table for each difficulty.

Attachments

• KF_Wpn&ZedStats_161.pdf
    167.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
patty immune to flamer DoT?

I've killed him a lota times in solo when he was trying to run away, and it was the DoT that usually kills him. This usually happens when he's off to heal for the last time, and DoT usually gets him right before he pops the syringe.

Duno bout multiplayer, but DoT defo effects him.

Upvote 0
Would you mind if I included this with my Killing Floor guide? :D
Yes, but wait a day or 2 I will upload another version to fix something.

wtf M14 headshot DPS is 1.3k???
DamageMax / FireRate * HeadShotDamageMult
M14: 115 / 0.175 * 2.0 = 1314

patty immune to flamer DoT?

I've killed him a lota times in solo when he was trying to run away, and it was the DoT that usually kills him. This usually happens when he's off to heal for the last time, and DoT usually gets him right before he pops the syringe.

Duno bout multiplayer, but DoT defo effects him.
You're right, after verification he only resists the side effects like the fleshpound when enraged.
That was a misreading of the code from me.

Thanks for reporting this.

Upvote 0
It's because when set to semi auto firing modes, or the firemode has bWaitForRelease set to true then the bonus will apply
Many other weapons fire have bWaitForRelease set to true (example: all pistols), but this bonus is only applied in a modified GetSpread() in their subclass "fire" code. (M14EBRFire in the case)
I am only surprised because the m14 is always on single shot, and shouldn't have this bonus to follow the logic.

spelling mistake, you wrote exemple instead of example where you were explaining how to get max damage with explosive projectiles
lol thx, I always thought that it was written as in french.
And I am using that word several times ><

Didn't TWI remove the DoT on the Patty in an update?
I think no, the patriarch code only erase these functions:
Code:
// Don't do this for the Patriarch
simulated function SetBurningBehavior(){}
simulated function UnSetBurningBehavior(){}
Which are used to apply the burning side effects and to change some animations.

Please can a moderator correct the title? I've quickly edited but the title has been only updated inside the thread, "Detailed" with 1 L.

Upvote 0
A little note for melee weapons:

On top of the Chainsaw headshot error, there seems to be another melee programming error regarding supposed backstab damage. It is MEANT that melee attacks should deal normal damage in the front (100%) and double damage in the back of the enemies (200%)

But it seems it's the opposite: Attacking them in the back deals normal damage (100%) and attacking their front deals double damage (200%). That's why you can insta-headshot all enemies except the Scrake, FP and Patty with the Katana.

Just a little fyi. So if this gets fixed, Berserker is screwed for sure! :eek:
(Unless they make the doubled damage the STANDARD damage, and make backstab hits deal further double damage :cool:)

Upvote 0
Hah, I knew sticking with the Chainsaw over Katana was a good choice. Higher Damage FTW.
Though the Fire Axe has now peaked my interest.

There are positive and negative things regarding Chainsaw and Katana

Chainsaw main attack kinda sucks (ok against Clots ... on low difficulties, which means it still kinda sucks)
It's power attack is very strong though. Stronger and faster than the Katana. BUT: It deals a quarter of its damage if you hit the head! Which is annoying, cuz if it wasn't wrongly programmed like that, it would be a frikkin BEAST!

The Katana is (currently) more allround though, better for hit-and-run tactics and a better decapitator, which is what the zerker should be doing in the first place. Not only that, but it weighs very little, doesn't slow you down and costs the same as the Chainsaw

In short: The Chainsaw unfortunately has too many drawbacks atm, so the Katana is currently more reliable.

EDIT: And yes, the Fire Axe is underrated. It's an awesome decapitator >:]

Upvote 0
Funny typo found in the damage multipliers to fp table: the m32 name ^^

A little note for melee weapons:

On top of the Chainsaw headshot error, there seems to be another melee programming error regarding supposed backstab damage. It is MEANT that melee attacks should deal normal damage in the front (100%) and double damage in the back of the enemies (200%)

But it seems it's the opposite: Attacking them in the back deals normal damage (100%) and attacking their front deals double damage (200%). That's why you can insta-headshot all enemies except the Scrake, FP and Patty with the Katana.

Just a little fyi. So if this gets fixed, Berserker is screwed for sure! :eek:
(Unless they make the doubled damage the STANDARD damage, and make backstab hits deal further double damage :cool:)
Wow! I totally missed that!

Unfortunately I can't understand that part of code in KFMeleeFire.Timer() :
Code:
            if( HitActor.IsA('Pawn') && !HitActor.IsA('Vehicle')
             && (Normal(HitActor.Location-Instigator.Location) dot vector(HitActor.Rotation))<0 )
            {
                MyDamage*=2; // Backstab >:P
            }
Any expert can confirm if the code work as intended or not?

edit: ty Sammers :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Phada

I haven't confirmed this though, but it seems very likely.

Try playing the Berserker on Hard. Attack Scrakes' head from the front. It goes down quite fast. Now, try to "help" teammates by attacking the Scrakes in their backs when they are heading towards the matey. Notice how much damage it can soak up?

This is pure speculation from my point (but seems likely though)
However, this thread perhaps confirms it?
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=45814

Upvote 0