• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon shot ouf of hand destroyed?

Obviously they dont realise that if someone shoots you with ppsh and runs out of ammo upon shooting weapon out of hand, you could still have a chance or still do something to the man with bolt action rifle. Seems awkward not to have this feature. Its obvious bullets dont go through metal of a weapon or it not flying out of your hands due to that. WTF$#%!?#$%

Upvote 0
This would have been cool. I experienced a moment in Darkest Hour the other day actually that resembled this type of situation. My BAR was shot out of my hand, when I tried to pick it back up again, it had bugged or something and I couldn't pick it up. I started freak out for a minute as I frantically searched for a new weapon running around with my bare hands. Finally I found an M1 garand and ammo pouch and did some damage to the Germans. Was a rather fun experience actually.

Upvote 0
Well that's pretty disappointing, any reason why they cut it?

-Losing a battle vs a ppsh because you got hit in the face with the first shot(s) --:mad:.
-Losing a battle vs a ppsh because he shoots your gun out of your hand with the first shot(s) and then spends the rest of the drum magazine trying to hit (let alone kill) you from 2m away -->:mad:.
-watching all this from the safety of your :IS2:? priceless :cool:

It's the same when you get shot at by a tank mg, lose your weapon, dive into a bush and have to sit there for half the battle because you have no weapon, and no grenades to kill someone for theirs.

Upvote 0
I dont see why they took this away, It adds immersion. Yesterday on danzig as squad leader assaulting the germans I lost my weapons and I had one mag left of pistol ammo sitting on the east side upstairs, I ran out after I missed and had to nail the rifle man in the face. Successfully picking up another weapon only to get shot by a german with a mp40, made it a nice experience.

Upvote 0
It's kind a silly feature if you think about it, especially if you put it in the perspective of a video game (realistic or not).

1) It happened far too often in RO1. This was partially due to hitboxes and other factors.

2) If a gun was indeed dropped because someone shot your hand, you would not be able to just pick it up and resume firing as if nothing happened (which is how RO1 did it)

3) It caused more grief than immersion most of the time.

Upvote 0
It's kind a silly feature if you think about it, especially if you put it in the perspective of a video game (realistic or not).

1) It happened far too often in RO1. This was partially due to hitboxes and other factors.

2) If a gun was indeed dropped because someone shot your hand, you would not be able to just pick it up and resume firing as if nothing happened (which is how RO1 did it)

3) It caused more grief than immersion most of the time.

This. You got shot in the handed, but it visually looks fine? They would have had to visually model a shot up hand, and then you wouldn't be able to throw grenades with your right hand (unlike in RO1).

Overall a lot of work for something that wasn't that great.

Upvote 0
I really, I mean really hated only 1 thing about "weapon shot out of hand":

I see some dude with PPshz. I shot my kar98k with a spitzer bullet travelling at 760m/s with kE around 3700J (I mean, a lot), capable of penetrating 1cm of mild steel or a thick tree.
Bullet hits him in the hand that's covering his chest.
And for some idiotic reason, his HAND stops this bullet and doesn't explode into bloody mess due to stopping bullet with 1 inch thick tissue (I mean, this is dumping 3700J during 2,5cm travel through the body).

Of course the guy I just hit can and will succesfully dodge another bullet, because with any ping above 60 you actually CAN dodge bullets at close range with a good bit of success, pulls out a pistol and kills me, OR his buddy kills me, or he picks his gun up and kills me.

So, I have nothing against shooting weapon out of hand, but for God's sake, please - no more stopping bullets with your hand only to receive minor injury that's totally not affecting characters performance other than forcing him to drop the weapon.
When I shoot somebody in the hand I want the bullet to penetrate the hand and hit whatever is behind it - and it usually is opponents chest/stomach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0