• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon request

Weapon request

• p 90

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • minigun

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • beefeater halbred

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • trench knuckles

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • mg42

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Drugnov

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • PLR-16

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • MP5

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters

Krieg Jaeger

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2009
READ

The fecking one minute timer for polls has been making my life hell, so here are the new options. Speak your favorite and I'll add a tally. I'm also adding the data already here;

Heavy Machine gun (Minigun, m-249, M-240B)
(The primary concern is that with six people lugging these around in a hallway, they could become invincible. Though if the devs did decide to pick it up, I'm sure they could balance it)

Scoped Sniper rifle
(Draganov, Barret 50. ,PSG-1)
(Most people would prefer a simple scoped rifle as opposed to the crossbow...though perhaps they figured such a weapon would be overpowered, and hence, why we have the crossbow. Who knows?)

Sub-machine gun
(p-90, Mp5, Mac-10)(Most believe there is no need for a sub machine gun when we already have the neigh useless bullpup. Though frankly, I think one should never turn down a cheap, light, and fully automatic weapon)

Bayonet attachment
(Finally giving players a way to attack with their weapons out, it would have to be heavily scrutinized to ensure it does not put melee weapons out of business. A possible way to do so is to allow it to be attached to specific weapons of questionable usefulness. Such as the bullpup and LAR, or add it as a bonus to a perk...other methods must exist as well.
I would reccomend having a slow and powerful attack with a decent chance to dismember and low range [swung] or a fairly fast attack with decent range, virtually no chance to dismember [stab])

Beefeater Halberd

(It makes more sense than a katana. With a wide sweeping attack to cull the weaker specimens, and a long ranged stab with a little bit of push or stun to keep larger enemies at bay)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
These are popular suggestions?

Why can't we add or contribute our own before you start a polling thread?

Make a post for a poll? Feel free to do so yourself and add this info. I never said these were the 100% most popular choices throughout the community, I said they were some standard bits and heavily biased due to my own likes and preferences. System allowing, I would add more bits.

Though that was probably in the other thread I made prior to this one..regardless, this is my intention.

Upvote 0
in my opinion all these weapon choices are ****ing retarded (no offense) im having a fit over teh AK-47 im wondering how poweful it is going to be. the only one that fits KF in my opinion. The trench Knife :) I love the idea im with the knife!

I'm not sure how a russian made (though widely used save the US and most of Europe) weapon fits KF better than the various weapons used by British police and military in specific, and what could be easily found in their levels (Flamethrower, a horzine weapon, could be found in the labs. Lever action and double barrel in the farm..etc etc)....but ey, I'm with ya. That thing aught to rock.

A 7.62 is capable of blowing off limbs with a fair amount of ease. It aught to be very much worth it. Seems like most would like the minigun or a something with a damn scope and semi auto for the love of all things mutant killing.

Upvote 0
Hey, how about this. A British weapon for a British game.

Its the AS50, a 50 cal sniper rifle. A 5 round semi-auto. This baby would decapitate a flesh pound in a couple of headshots :D

I was gonna say the barrett 50 cal first but i thought hey, lets stick to this british 50 cal.

ai-as50-1.jpg

Upvote 0
p 90 - Too similar to the Bullpup.

minigun - Either six people set up in a hallway with these and mow everything down, or the minigun gets nerfed so hard it's useless.

halberd - I'd love to see this in place of the Katana, but I really don't see the need for either one - The Chainsaw is fine in its role.

trench knuckles - No point in having these, the Machete is already redundant and we don't need another low-tier melee weapon.

mg42 - See minigun. Also, a WW2 German MG doesn't really fit this game.

SVD - Slightly overused in games. Too similar to the Crossbow, though it would be nice to see a sniper rifle replace the Crossbow.

PLR-16 - A semi-auto-only Bullpup with a smaller mag? Again, what is the point?

MP5 - A weaker Bullpup with a smaller mag? Again, what is the point?

Upvote 0
p 90 - Too similar to the Bullpup.
Save the 50 round magazine and a perhaps they could give it some better penetration, though less damage, due to the unique nature of the 5.7 round. Mostly though, it's simply more flavor.

minigun - Either six people set up in a hallway with these and mow everything down, or the minigun gets nerfed so hard it's useless.

The same thing could be done, easily, with flamethrowers and level five firebugs. As a level four, I already annihilate virtually everything, including fleshpounds (so long as I got some distance and nothing else bugging me), with my screaming napalm death gun. About as much as you could expect from a perk focusing on one weapon alone, but seeing as it Could be done, though mysteriously never is, I'm sure the same Could happen with the minigun. Save the new gun smell when everyone wants to use it. I'm sure it could have a nice downside aside the pull, like long arse reload, windup and wind down (before switching to anything, syringe included).

halberd - I'd love to see this in place of the Katana, but I really don't see the need for either one - The Chainsaw is fine in its role.
True, but it's nice to have options. I even tossed in the multiple target vs single to make it somewhat more viable.

trench knuckles - No point in having these, the Machete is already redundant and we don't need another low-tier melee weapon.
Very true, but once again, it's nice to have options.

mg42 - See minigun. Also, a WW2 German MG doesn't really fit this game.
Any more than a crossbow, a winchester, or a double barreled elephant gun?

SVD - Slightly overused in games. Too similar to the Crossbow, though it would be nice to see a sniper rifle replace the Crossbow.
Quite so, I just tossed this up there ,but simply "sniper rifle" would have been a better option. I personally think the barret 50. is way too overused.

PLR-16 - A semi-auto-only Bullpup with a smaller mag? Again, what is the point?
Cheaper, available to everyone as a back up weapon more effective than the 9m, more practical than the desert eagle (less recoil, better sights, more ammunition) and once again, flavor.

MP5 - A weaker Bullpup with a smaller mag? Again, what is the point?
Flavor, flavor flavor.

They've done admirably well in covering virtually every "genera" of weapon in the game, from rifle, to shotgun, to flamethrower to pistol, they've pretty much gotten one of everything...but why do you think call of duty or rainbow six went out of their way to make over ten different assault rifles, three shotguns or more, a couple of heavy MG's, and a good few pistols, and some SMG's to boot?

Because people like options, and love to pick up their favorite. As opposed to choosing " the smg, the rifle, the hand cannon" people like to be able to choose the m-4 from the Ak from the G36C. Variety is the spice of life.

Upvote 0
I voted for the P-90 (i'm an SG1 fanboy) even though it's similar, very infact, to the bullpup when I use a P-90 in other games it seems to be quite accurate and fires much faster and is more compact so would take up less less weight which are all positives. Frankly I hope they just keep adding weapons as vareity is the spice of life and the more guns etc the better.

A minigun would be great but like the LAW it would likely be the only thing you could carry and on friendly fire servers would be a griefers wet dream they could easily take out the entire team before a kick vote was finished.

Upvote 0
The P90 should replace the current bullpup as the SMG with a 50 rounds magazine.

Then the game should give us the long version of the L85 with a realistic 30 rounds magazine and grenade launcher. Fewer ammo than the P90, slightly more accurate and a bit of raw power against scrakes, fleshpounds and the patriarch thanks to the grenade launcher.

It would then become the special weapon of the commando class.

Seems like common sense to me....

sa80-l85a2_ubgl.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be honest, I don't like any of the suggestions. So, pardon me if this seems like the usual first post newbishness but here's my suggestions:

The quad-barrel shotgun from Phantasm 2.

A Tommygun (Like in Blood).

A pistol with exploding bullets (Like in the Anime Kite).

One-shot laser. Pretty powerful, can go through multiple enemies with one shot, but takes forever to reload after every shot and has limited ammo.

Upvote 0