• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon request

Weapon request

• p 90

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • minigun

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • beefeater halbred

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • trench knuckles

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • mg42

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Drugnov

Votes: 26 20.5%
  • PLR-16

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • MP5

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters
WHY THERE IS NO GRAVITY GUN IN THE POLL ?!?!

gravitygun-halflife2.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, one way or the other. If you feel it would add to the game, head over to the mod thread and set up a team. I'd love to see some new guns, regardless of make and model.
I dunno about that, I have zero modding skills, though I have the UT04 engine in my university for free use and a near infinitve supply of gamers and nerds that I could recruit. Basically, if those weapons happen by me, It'll probably be outside th forums til something is ready to show.

Upvote 0
More variants of weapons already present would be best, in my opinion. I like the idea of the AK-47, as it gives Commando some much-needed strength. Maybe a bolt action sniper rifle could be a viable alternative to the crossbow? It would have higher damage than the crossbow, but would only penetrate one enemy and have a slightly higher rate of fire. This way, the crossbow would be more useful against large groups, but the sniper rifle would be more suited to big, powerful enemies like fleshies and skrakes.

For a new melee weapon, you would really need something with a long reach. A halberd actually isn't a bad idea, although a claymore might be a little more badass. It would need higher damage than the axe with a much slower attack speed, and the capability of hitting more than one enemy with a swing if it dismembers something. If you don't dismember, you shouldn't be able to swing through. A sledgehammer would be fun, as someone said earlier in the thread. A bit longer than the fire axe, more damage, slower, but you get to smash heads.

New handguns? Sure. Why not? I wouldn't mind a Colt .45 for a balance between the power of the handcannon and the magazine capacity of the M9. A USP would be fine, too, but Colts are more stylish.

Firebugs are kinda left out, in my opinion. Perhaps instead of making their grenades catch enemies on fire, they could get molotov cocktails. Gotta pick firebug to get molotovs, and they replace their grenades. You get it at the same time as your grenades would catch enemies on fire. They would simply be grenades that didn't explode as violently, but they would burn in the area for a while (say 30 seconds). This way, a firebug could be incredibly vital to the survival of a team because they can shut off a narrow hallway with a molotov or two. I see how this could be exploited, but then again if you get 5 guys standing in a hallway with shotguns then that amounts to the same thing.

Speaking of shotguns, why not introduce slugs? Add another ammo type to the pump shotgun, making it more useful later in the game. Where you would have "fill ammo," simply add another button and make them "fill ammo (shot)" and "fill ammo (slugs)." You wouldn't get the spread, but you'd have a lot of power to throw at one target at a time.

Since I'm kind of on a roll here, throwing out something for every class, why don't the medics get any kind of special weapon? They get a movement speed bonus and improved armor. Ok? You still have to kill things. People seem to like the idea of SMGs, so why not give medics a damage boost and discount on a couple of new SMGs? An Uzi and UMP would be sufficient to start with, giving you a high rate of fire with a 9mm Uzi (or TMP, or MP5, or whatever else you wanted, there are tons of 9mm SMGs), and then a lower rate of fire with the more powerful .45 caliber UMP. This would give medics a fun toy to play around with, instead of just having the ability to run away and heal people.

In summary:

Bolt action rifle w/ scope to compete with crossbow.
- Less penetration, higher damage, slightly higher rate of fire

Claymore/Sledgehammer/Halberd
- Longer reach than the fire axe, possible to hit multiple enemies, slow attack speed, high damage

Shotgun slugs
- Higher damage, no spread

Handguns! More of them!
- Colt .45 or USP, I don't care, they're both fun.

AK-47 is already being done
- Higher power, lower rate of fire than the Bullpup, heavier probably

Medic SMGs
- A high-rate, low damage 9mm SMG, and a low-rate, high damage SMG, with Medics getting discounts on price, and damage bonuses or something

Molotov cocktails
- Replaces grenades for Firebugs, burns in an area for a short time, can be used to block hallways where doors have been broken

More weapons is always a good thing.

Upvote 0
More variants of weapons already present would be best, in my opinion. I like the idea of the AK-47, as it gives Commando some much-needed strength. Maybe a bolt action sniper rifle could be a viable alternative to the crossbow? It would have higher damage than the crossbow, but would only penetrate one enemy and have a slightly higher rate of fire. This way, the crossbow would be more useful against large groups, but the sniper rifle would be more suited to big, powerful enemies like fleshies and skrakes.

I had the same idea, only I thought it should be the other way around; the rifle should have more penetration and less damage, since it just seems more unlikely that a crossbow would possess the penetration that it has right now. Only other thing I thought I'd ask; doesn't the Firebug already have Fire Grenades? And those are godly already.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the firebug has fire grenades. How exactly do you make a pre-assembled standard issue fragmentation grenade suddenly an incendiary weapon? It doesn't make sense. An easy method of implementation would be to change the model for the firebug's grenades when they have unlocked the "fire grenades" thing. Just make it a whiskey bottle with a burning rag sticking out of it. Simple. A little more in-depth, you could make them explode on contact instead of after a timer.

I assume the crossbow is using broadhead bolts, which (at least, with my experience in bow hunting) tend to pass clean through with plenty of force. A flying piece of lead will mushroom, and so after penetrating one person, it will be slightly deformed, and after two, it wouldn't be very effective. Then again, this depends entirely on the weapon itself and the ammo used.

Upvote 0

For a new melee weapon, you would really need something with a long reach. A halberd actually isn't a bad idea, although a claymore might be a little more badass. It would need higher damage than the axe with a much slower attack speed, and the capability of hitting more than one enemy with a swing if it dismembers something. If you don't dismember, you shouldn't be able to swing through. A sledgehammer would be fun, as someone said earlier in the thread. A bit longer than the fire axe, more damage, slower, but you get to smash heads.

New handguns? Sure. Why not? I wouldn't mind a Colt .45 for a balance between the power of the handcannon and the magazine capacity of the M9. A USP would be fine, too, but Colts are more stylish.

Firebugs are kinda left out, in my opinion. Perhaps instead of making their grenades catch enemies on fire, they could get molotov cocktails. Gotta pick firebug to get molotovs, and they replace their grenades. You get it at the same time as your grenades would catch enemies on fire. They would simply be grenades that didn't explode as violently, but they would burn in the area for a while (say 30 seconds). This way, a firebug could be incredibly vital to the survival of a team because they can shut off a narrow hallway with a molotov or two. I see how this could be exploited, but then again if you get 5 guys standing in a hallway with shotguns then that amounts to the same thing.

Speaking of shotguns, why not introduce slugs? Add another ammo type to the pump shotgun, making it more useful later in the game. Where you would have "fill ammo," simply add another button and make them "fill ammo (shot)" and "fill ammo (slugs)." You wouldn't get the spread, but you'd have a lot of power to throw at one target at a time.

Since I'm kind of on a roll here, throwing out something for every class, why don't the medics get any kind of special weapon? They get a movement speed bonus and improved armor. Ok? You still have to kill things. People seem to like the idea of SMGs, so why not give medics a damage boost and discount on a couple of new SMGs? An Uzi and UMP would be sufficient to start with, giving you a high rate of fire with a 9mm Uzi (or TMP, or MP5, or whatever else you wanted, there are tons of 9mm SMGs), and then a lower rate of fire with the more powerful .45 caliber UMP. This would give medics a fun toy to play around with, instead of just having the ability to run away and heal people.

In summary:

Bolt action rifle w/ scope to compete with crossbow.
- Less penetration, higher damage, slightly higher rate of fire

Claymore/Sledgehammer/Halberd
- Longer reach than the fire axe, possible to hit multiple enemies, slow attack speed, high damage

Shotgun slugs
- Higher damage, no spread

Handguns! More of them!
- Colt .45 or USP, I don't care, they're both fun.

AK-47 is already being done
- Higher power, lower rate of fire than the Bullpup, heavier probably

Medic SMGs
- A high-rate, low damage 9mm SMG, and a low-rate, high damage SMG, with Medics getting discounts on price, and damage bonuses or something

Molotov cocktails
- Replaces grenades for Firebugs, burns in an area for a short time, can be used to block hallways where doors have been broken

More weapons is always a good thing.

Was this an edit? I never noticed it before o-o

Shotgun slugs. Seriously. Im gonna make a thread about this.

Looong post, but a good one.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the firebug has fire grenades. How exactly do you make a pre-assembled standard issue fragmentation grenade suddenly an incendiary weapon? It doesn't make sense. An easy method of implementation would be to change the model for the firebug's grenades when they have unlocked the "fire grenades" thing. Just make it a whiskey bottle with a burning rag sticking out of it. Simple. A little more in-depth, you could make them explode on contact instead of after a timer.

I assume the crossbow is using broadhead bolts, which (at least, with my experience in bow hunting) tend to pass clean through with plenty of force. A flying piece of lead will mushroom, and so after penetrating one person, it will be slightly deformed, and after two, it wouldn't be very effective. Then again, this depends entirely on the weapon itself and the ammo used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade#Incendiary They don't look THAT different, though they could introduce a new model, true. Doesn't necessarily have to be a molotov, since they managed to get their hands on far more uncommon tools already(Katana plz), but I'd be happy with whatever, so long as they weren't made useless.

I also know nothing about crossbows, but I just assumed that a bolt didn't exist that could travel through about 4 victims. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno, but I'm willing to bet more player have heard of ammunition that has high piercing capabilities rather than a bolt with a high piercing. Again, I don't really mind so long as they don't 'break' the game. It's damn good as it is.

Upvote 0
Why not goofy items instead of badass weapons ?

I would suggest banana skins. You would just have to stack them on the ground and wait until the patriarch slips on them to humiliate him with machetes.

Tear gas might be good too. Get the fleshpound in a nasty cloud, he'll get blind, shoot him until he rages and he'll run forward to punch a wall ... or he will even jump off a cliff if you're lucky !

Last edited:
Upvote 0