• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WEAPON] Moss12

nice variation here added to server perk and runs fine with perk supported.
i adjust something to suit my Lan Party tastes and ofcourse for my own uses.

i don't know much about what the gun should be, so don't even try to speak realistic with me. then here's my opinion after some testing.

i think this weapon role's should be more like sidearms, for quick swap shot not the main fire power, now it is more like second shotty. since it is light-weight, lv6 support can carry 3 shotgun which cause excessing ammo, so the mag should be lower to 4 or less and max ammo should be around 28 or less. To compensate the reduction, support perk will gain bonus speeds.

anyways, thanks for the moss12. it has potential to be whitelisted after a few balancing.

Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0
aah yes good to hear you like it. Like I said its just a little variation on the PumpShotgun. Though Ive been hearing reports that people actually think its an entire new gun on its own. Haha, which is kinda flatering since this was mearly a project to learn the SDK a bit. I did(or stole from the orginal) the textures in like 5 min. And adjusted the original PumpSG in 30 min tops (removing flashlight//shorten barrel//remodel the back piece). Animations were slightly adjusted, but that didnt take long either. :p

getting it in the SDK was the biggest challenge :) Which Braindead helped allot with.

Maybe I should do more of these alternate versions of the existing guns haha. :)

Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0
aah yes good to hear you like it. Like I said its just a little variation on the PumpShotgun. Though Ive been hearing reports that people actually think its an entire new gun on its own. Haha, which is kinda flatering since this was mearly a project to learn the SDK a bit. I did(or stole from the orginal) the textures in like 5 min. And adjusted the original PumpSG in 30 min tops (removing flashlight//shorten barrel//remodel the back piece). Animations were slightly adjusted, but that didnt take long either. :p

getting it in the SDK was the biggest challenge :) Which Braindead helped allot with.

Maybe I should do more of these alternate versions of the existing guns haha. :)

You mean, this could actually be our chance to put a scope on every weapon??? LOL only kidding :)

Upvote 0
The sound is pretty good. And Hemi, i'd love to see what you come up with modding TWI weapons to something else. You did a fine job fixing up the Moss12.

EDIT:
After testing in solo, i think that pump speed could def. be faster, right now i feel like hes fighting the pump of a bigger gun, not a light shotty. Slugs would still be interesting, but your spread is rather low already (by reducing the spread to nil, you could prolly make a slug gun without changing anything else... idk) But imma repeat my request for a rear sight - having a foresight without a rear sight feels awkward, and since this guns fairly accurate i actually use the sights... Still liking the sound and appearance though. I kinda like the idea of having a lightweight sidearm shotty like someone mentioned. Though a lever action shotty would fit the feel of a sidearm better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dunno about the slug thing, Halb. It's been discussed before and it's been decided that it'd make the shotty into more of a railgun and we'd have the xbow all over again. I also disagree with adding a rear sight, myself - it'd be a little too much like the current retail shotty in terms of appearance.

But a lever-action shotgun? Hell yes! Lets see what hemi can do with the LAR, and then try copying the current Moss12 stats to the levershotty! :D

Upvote 0
I get what u say about the slug, gibby - i thought about that too. But if you add a limited range to it, you can solve that. Slugs break up after a distance (IDK exactly when) so you can say that after 50 yards the slugs breaks up and does less damage or nothing at all. That would allow for decent middle range that shottys currently don't have but prevent sniping. and The current shotty actually has a very precise sight, with a circle post setup (seen it called a ghost sight before...). I just want a sight thats a piece of metal welded on, kinda like an M where u shoot thru the V in the middle. It could be imprecise at best, but it feels silly to even have a foresight without a rear sight, especially at the angle you look thru.

Upvote 0
I get what u say about the slug, gibby - i thought about that too. But if you add a limited range to it, you can solve that. Slugs break up after a distance (IDK exactly when) so you can say that after 50 yards the slugs breaks up and does less damage or nothing at all. That would allow for decent middle range that shottys currently don't have but prevent sniping. and The current shotty actually has a very precise sight, with a circle post setup (seen it called a ghost sight before...). I just want a sight thats a piece of metal welded on, kinda like an M where u shoot thru the V in the middle. It could be imprecise at best, but it feels silly to even have a foresight without a rear sight, especially at the angle you look thru.

I quite like this idea, actually. It'd be fun to see implemented somewhere else in the game like for example, a sports semi-auto shotgun.

And sure, a little baby rearsight would be pretty decent, too. Without it, shooting and moving with the moss12 is a guessing game half the time.

Upvote 0
I quite like this idea, actually. It'd be fun to see implemented somewhere else in the game like for example, a sports semi-auto shotgun.

And sure, a little baby rearsight would be pretty decent, too. Without it, shooting and moving with the moss12 is a guessing game half the time.
Glad we're on the same page now :p

I seriously need to work on my finals projects... But i really wanna take a crack at that LAS lol.

Upvote 0
Try the slugs in WTF mut.

They're worthless. It's not because of the programming, it's because of the concept and how they would play out.

Why wasn't the M14 replaced with a semi-auto shotgun that was rifled and shot finned slugs? That'de make way more sense then making it a pea shooter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure where that last comment was going tho, tbh.

Me eather. Just stating the M14's execution was pretty bad and that slug throwers seem more Marksman because they arn't crowd control.

Also, just because you like them doesn't mean they arn't worthless. Look at all the people who like Firebug. That's a Joke.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, just because you like them doesn't mean they arn't worthless. Look at all the people who like Firebug. That's a Joke.

Lol. But I liked it because having the slugs allowed me to hit zeds further away predictably, and when using the standard shotty they are fairly effective. Especially when countering bloats/husks where you don' wanna have to run up close

Upvote 0
Just found a bug Hemi - When reloading, the game reloads you faster than you see - i can reload 4 shells in the time it takes for 2 reload animations to happen.
Still loving the gun :)

Thanks Halb..

@Hemi

Now that we have known bugs and suggestions, we can start looking at a V2.
I had a feeling there was an issue with the reload but never really played long enough to experience it but it's an easy fix, just means releasing a new coded version.
We can also sort out the other suggestions if you like?

Upvote 0
Thanks Halb..

@Hemi

Now that we have known bugs and suggestions, we can start looking at a V2.
I had a feeling there was an issue with the reload but never really played long enough to experience it but it's an easy fix, just means releasing a new coded version.
We can also sort out the other suggestions if you like?

- reload faster then Pump
- little cheaper too
- load more ammo?
- faster shot after shot? (comparred to pump)

Upvote 0