• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Jamming (Merged Yet Again)

I thought weapon jam already occured. There have been a few times when it seemed like I could not reload, or change out mags until something happened. I think I died in order for my gun to work again... but then there was this one time, that I could not bolt my rifle nor reload, and kept clicking either option, and it wasn't until I got up from a proned position, and some how was able to finally reload (and two bullets poped out and fell on the ground).

Sounds like weapon jam to me.

No one else has had this happen where you can't bolt or reload?

That was probably lag. I hope.

Upvote 0
I suppourt a simple jamming system. Say your SMG or MG or semi or pistol jams, you press j or whatever key, and your character pulls back the charge handle or other equivalent part and eject the jammed round. This would "fix" the realism of the G41.:cool:

For bolts, jamming would occur when bolting your rifle. A press of the key would have the character smack the bolt open, and wrench it back. Then you could use your rifle normally.

I don't know much about firearms, so feel free to correct me :eek:

Upvote 0
I also would like jamming. It would bring some depth if you should also consider reliability when choosing weapon. For example bolt action rifle may be slow but at least it is rugged and more reliable than semiauto or SMG. Also, I guess faulty ammunition is currently modeled only for bolt action rifles, but it would be nice to see this also with other weapons (which would effectively be pretty much like jamming but faster to fix). This would make life for SMG-gunners a little harder since your PPSh might stop firing in the middle of mad hipshooting assault. Might force people to choose a little more careful tactics.

Upvote 0
That's actually a great idea, would make the game SO much more immersive, when say in the heat of an intense firefight your weapon fails and you have to take remedial action to clear the malfunction. It should be based on a statistical probability developed for each weapon that would simulate wear, previous combat use, ammunition, dirt, dust, temperature etc.

Upvote 0
Usually, it would take a quick slam of the gun to unjam it, so if weapons jams were to be implemented, couldnt you just bash it against a wall using the melee attack?

Stupid army! Taught us how to un-jam our guns, and we could just beat walls with them!!!! :mad:

And for the jammed cannons, maybe we could have collided them with SAM launcher vehicles, do you think that'd work? :)

Upvote 0
I'd also like to see jamming. But I think it should be fairly rare since the Russian and German SMGs were all very reliable in real-life, as was the DP28, MG42, the SVT40 and STG44, and I believe the G43 didn't was not all that sensitive.

And I do mean it would have to be quite rare. Like 1/5000 or smaller with most weapons, otherwise you'd have one essentially every mag or two.

The real problem, I suppose, would be making certain guns more likely to jam than others ( for example, the MG34 was a little finicky from what I hear, and the Luger was more sensitive to debris than other firearms, such as those I previously mentioned).

Upvote 0