• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Jamming (Merged Yet Again)

If weapon jamming were to be implemented it should be about as frequent as dud nades are, it happens but hardly ever, i playd AA for a good year and my weapon must have jammed twice in that whole time.

Also it would be nice if it was represented properly graphically, say if you got a stove pipe you would be able to see it ingame and see the character remove it.

Now that would be awesome imo.

Upvote 0
Excellent video above. About the PPSh recoil... I've been mad about it early on, but once you learn the secret that it's about the long volleys, it earns its value for money. I mean, just look at the video above. Once the guy starts shooting, the gun jerks him a little as it kicks in, but then he's just containing the recoil very much as you'd do in game. So I guess that's more or less ok.

And jams would be interesting - much like the dud nades. When I've read about duds in the manual, I didn't really believe it, but the other day I had one dud happen to me and that won my approval. So, yes, if it's not too much work - sure.

Upvote 0
I like the idea. Absolutely.

It is a fact that did happen from time to time. But weapons were more reliable before than they're today, due to fine mechanics, exept the Aotomat Kalashnikov Series :D LOL

I also think that it would nice if there was a different procedure for each weapon. Like an MG that would only need to pull the action lever once and a St

Upvote 0
the Mp38/40 and Mg34 have been known, to be complicated and to jams while used under harsh conditions, like cold and dry weather in russia. While the Mg34 was a very revolutonary design and idea for its time, it was complicated to manufacture and use in combat situations, hence that leaded to the development of the Mg42, and left the 43 in the role as Mg in vehicles like tanks/halftracks.
Same for the G41, the complicated design, tended to jams more often as well then other comparable guns, like the Svt40.

There was a mod for the mod :), called LSSAH, it had new skins, new features etc. One of those features - weapon jam

even though when it was full with naziphila-plague, the mod did a great job with the jaming in its last version.

Upvote 0
You know, for the last couple of weeks I've had an annoying problem with my mouse.
I play.. or whatever and then suddenly it freezes. Sometimes it starts working again
after a few seconds, sometimes I have to pull the plug and reattach it.
So there I am, playing RO or Bf2 and every once in a while I have to start reaching
to the back of my computer. And this is really annoying because at some point this
problem will get me killed. At some point, I will run into an enemy and I'll have one shot
to try to kill him before he kills me. Then my mouse does it's thing again and I die.

So, you want to include weapon jamming to this game?
Every once in a while your weapon/mouse stops working?

NO!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Get the point?

Upvote 0
I thought weapon jam already occured. There have been a few times when it seemed like I could not reload, or change out mags until something happened. I think I died in order for my gun to work again... but then there was this one time, that I could not bolt my rifle nor reload, and kept clicking either option, and it wasn't until I got up from a proned position, and some how was able to finally reload (and two bullets poped out and fell on the ground).

Sounds like weapon jam to me.

No one else has had this happen where you can't bolt or reload?

Upvote 0