• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon creation tutorials and resources

Hey guys, I went through the thread and it doesn't seem to be mentioned or explained properly anywhere. You can get 3ds max for free, I don't think it's limited. You get the student version that is basically the same thing EXCEPT it always nags you about it being for educational purposes only and that you can't sell your models you made with it.
Check here:
https://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_center

If you can't find your school/university/college or whatever, even if you're not a student you can just select home schooled and get it either way.

Also great tutorial, I will try to make a weapon tonight. Just one question though, I'd like to make a mutator that replaces a weapon's mesh as well as texture but doesn't touch it's attributes and hopefully get it whitelisted.

EDIT: Nevermind, found out how to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tanks a lot for the good toturial. I almost got my costum made shotgun in. Only have 1 problem i think so realy hope you or some one can help me. When i am goind in Cmd like you do 27min i to you video, my cmd say

ClassProperty Engine.Inventory.PickupClass: unresolved reference to 'Class'Doom.DoomPickup''
Failur - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Realy hope i can get help to fix this :)
I can give the files if its needed?

Upvote 0
Nice tutorial, helped me greatly. I almost managed to get it in-game without any errors at all.

I used the M4's Animation and replaced the M4's mesh with my own(HK416). I rigged the mesh and skinned the corresponding parts to their bones with a weight of 1.0 and all the animations play perfectly.

I followed the 2nd tutorial and saved all the packages and etc. Instead of using Single.uc I used AK47AssaultRifle.uc and AK47Pickup.uc as templates for my rifle since it's a rifle and not a pistol.

No errors, when ingame and I pick my own rifle up the mesh and arms are invisible, but in the editor it's fine... Any ideas?

Upvote 0