• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon creation tutorials and resources

Hey BD, once again thanks, you've got me a lot further than other tutorials to date.

I'm having a small problem I hope you can help with, I've been following the tutorials just to get a better understanding when it comes to the main project. I have compiled the files, can view the animations in UnrealED and have created the packages. But when I create a simple room with the pick up in and run it, it just gives me a second pistol. Even though the text at the bottom tells me it's picked up the gun I made. Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hey BD, once again thanks, you've got me a lot further than other tutorials to date.

I'm having a small problem I hope you can help with, I've been following the tutorials just to get a better understanding when it comes to the main project. I have compiled the files, can view the animations in UnrealED and have created the packages. But when I create a simple room with the pick up in and run it, it just gives me a second pistol. Even though the text at the bottom tells me it's picked up the gun I made. Thoughts?

Cool, glad they are helping so far :)

Well, I am guessing that the pickup file is pointing towards the single weapon and not the weapon you want to pickup, either that or you have put the wrong pickup in the map.
It's all I can think would be the issue and hope it helps.

Upvote 0
sounds

sounds

ok so i wish to create/modify weapon sounds for kf, possibly setting up a custom server later with them
i know that the unreal engine uses these uax files which are sound packages, and your only able to open/play them in editor
the question is
is it possible to import edited wavs in that editor and save them as uax,
and replace the specific sounds in my server files which will be renamed as the same, so the connection is solved too
like i wish to replace the sound of the p90 smg or ppsh or whatever

Upvote 0
You need to create a custom sound pack, just take audio files (pref .wav @44.1kHz 16bit) and import.

DO NOT overwrite existing packages, that will just cause problems. Then use a mutator using the check replacement function to call the custom sounds.

Make sure the mut is in the server's killingfloor.ini file under the server packages section. Having it in the startline is helpful as well. Be sure to compress sound file and mut, upload to a fast redirect.

All the information can be found around these forums. =)

Upvote 0