• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Weapon creation tutorials and resources

Gartley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 27, 2010
UK
www.wildcardproductionstudios.co.uk
Hey BD, once again thanks, you've got me a lot further than other tutorials to date.

I'm having a small problem I hope you can help with, I've been following the tutorials just to get a better understanding when it comes to the main project. I have compiled the files, can view the animations in UnrealED and have created the packages. But when I create a simple room with the pick up in and run it, it just gives me a second pistol. Even though the text at the bottom tells me it's picked up the gun I made. Thoughts?

braindead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2009
Merry Ol' England
Hey BD, once again thanks, you've got me a lot further than other tutorials to date.

I'm having a small problem I hope you can help with, I've been following the tutorials just to get a better understanding when it comes to the main project. I have compiled the files, can view the animations in UnrealED and have created the packages. But when I create a simple room with the pick up in and run it, it just gives me a second pistol. Even though the text at the bottom tells me it's picked up the gun I made. Thoughts?

Cool, glad they are helping so far :)

Well, I am guessing that the pickup file is pointing towards the single weapon and not the weapon you want to pickup, either that or you have put the wrong pickup in the map.
It's all I can think would be the issue and hope it helps.

halbridious

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 6, 2011
Michigan (USA)
Any more movies on the way, BD? I've been foolin around but the last bit, with all the coding, is stuff i really need :/ (PS, thanks for all the work so far :) )

halbridious

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 6, 2011
Michigan (USA)
Винни;743588 said:
Хорошая статья, а есть уроки по анимации рук и оружия killing floor ?
Good lesson, but are there tutorials for animating the hands and arms - thats what he said.

darxide

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 25, 2011
sounds

sounds

ok so i wish to create/modify weapon sounds for kf, possibly setting up a custom server later with them
i know that the unreal engine uses these uax files which are sound packages, and your only able to open/play them in editor
the question is
is it possible to import edited wavs in that editor and save them as uax,
and replace the specific sounds in my server files which will be renamed as the same, so the connection is solved too
like i wish to replace the sound of the p90 smg or ppsh or whatever

Gartley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 27, 2010
UK
www.wildcardproductionstudios.co.uk
You need to create a custom sound pack, just take audio files (pref .wav @44.1kHz 16bit) and import.

DO NOT overwrite existing packages, that will just cause problems. Then use a mutator using the check replacement function to call the custom sounds.

Make sure the mut is in the server's killingfloor.ini file under the server packages section. Having it in the startline is helpful as well. Be sure to compress sound file and mut, upload to a fast redirect.

All the information can be found around these forums. =)

gogi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2011
Guys, i can't find tutorials about animating weapon ,please help me to find it

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
yeah the only way i can make them is by using twi's anims from exported/importing psa's and linking them to my stuff, or snipping frames out and using those.

other than that i'm lost on animation.

F4D1NG 3CH03S

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2012
yeah, but i find it a lot easier for new modelers, and the importing works with the apliccable textures in inventor, so you can texture it if its a really simple texture in inventor

Last edited: