• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Collision

DiedTrying

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
This really isn't a feature some of us thought it would or could be.

I, and I think a few others, were under the impression that weapon collision would limit the usefulness of certain weapons within a CQC setting.

So far it appears collision is just a somewhat cosmetic feature added to make the cover system feel more real.

It would have been nice (and what people wanted) if rifles and to an extent MGs and AT guns even would be more...erm...clumsy (is that a good word?) in close quarter battles. I thought the walls would limit the movement of such weapons.

I've taken my k98 and walked through my townhome with it and I can assure you I was at a complete disadvantage which really isn't seen in game (obvious I'm at a ROF disavantage against SMGs, but that's not what this topic is focusing on).

Perhaps mods can further implement this feature?

Reactions: Proud_God
Yes that is what i had thought too.

I was hoping it would cause rifles to become less maneuverable indoors, and thus force coordination between riflemen and assault. I remember in Ost Front as a rifleman, i would jump with joy whenver i could get an assault guy to accompany me when clearing houses. Now i just go about it myself lol

As of now i can see much difference in this collision system than any other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0