• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon collision with enviroment.

Like in the Vietcong series if your weapon touches an object the weapon is held sideways -

cojbibfpscover.jpg

Upvote 0
It worked well in Vietcong, since the weapon would automatically move out the way to avoid hitting things. On the other hand... it was TERRIBLE in the UT99 mod Infiltration. In that, if the weapon collided with something, it stopped you dead. Yes that's right... if you were aiming out a window with a rifle, and went to turn around... the gun barrel would hit on the window edge and you couldn't turn around until you either backed out of the window frame or stopped aiming the weapon.

It made even basic movement in that mod often frustrating and annoying. But I don't expect to see the devs add something like that to RO. They seem to think that something easy to do irl should be easy to do ingame. And I agree :)

Upvote 0
It worked well in Vietcong, since the weapon would automatically move out the way to avoid hitting things. On the other hand... it was TERRIBLE in the UT99 mod Infiltration. In that, if the weapon collided with something, it stopped you dead. Yes that's right... if you were aiming out a window with a rifle, and went to turn around... the gun barrel would hit on the window edge and you couldn't turn around until you either backed out of the window frame or stopped aiming the weapon.

It made even basic movement in that mod often frustrating and annoying. But I don't expect to see the devs add something like that to RO. They seem to think that something easy to do irl should be easy to do ingame. And I agree :)
Well I suppose we can do it like Vietcong, where if you hit something you'll just unshoulder and hold it up so you can keep looking around, but if you let the rifle go back to a place it can point at without clipping, then it'll automatically do that for you.

Upvote 0