• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon animations

Why do you mention Kung Fu Panda which is not only not an FPS but not even a PC game?

Too many trolls around here...

Who said it's not a PC game?

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/kungfupanda/index.html

And no one said that game is fps anyway.

Yo Killzone, I'm real happy for you, Imma let you finish, but Kung Fu Panda has some of the best video game animations of all time! Of all time!

Yo Krotz, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gunna let ya finish, but no one is as troll as ya. Biggest of all time! Of ALLL TIMEEE!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never played any other game from Tripwire Interactive so I was wondering if this company has persistently high quality of weapon animations(the FPS skeleton and main indicator if it is enjoyable).

The only company that I know which always had the highest standards here is D.I.C.E., especially in Battlefield 2142 and Bad Company.

And by weapon animations I don't just mean the reload, recoil animations, proper ironsight implementation and motion while moving, but also the uniqueness of using each weapon.

It's sad that the majority of FPSs to this day haven't even gotten close to the quality Battlefield 2142 has.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think I just fell of my chair reading this thread. :D

I am easily amused.

But really, I find the weapona nimations are just fine as they are. I don't spend much time trying to see if the guy reloads the magazine properly or if the weapon handles/moves realistically on the screen. I have to keep my eyes on the enemy, not the gun model and animations. If someone has too much time to do that I suggest upping the difficulty a notch. ;)

Upvote 0
And I am disgusted with your forced nonsense, saying that you don't have peripheral vision, that weapon animations is not a key element to immersion in FPS genre and obligatory "I am the universe" fallacy.

Did you actually read my post at all? I just told you I like playing KF, and think it is fine as it is. And where did you make the silly assumption I have a problem with my eyesight? Why did you get disgusted? You have a strong dislike for people with bad vision? You seem to make very little sense.

Or am I just "strawmaning" you with my functional illiteracy? I noticed it has been going around... Or was it a non-sequitur? I sometimes get those mixed up. Oh, well... I am sooooo happy I can use Google to find words I can randomly place in sentences to appear intellectual. Yay me! :D

Upvote 0
And I am disgusted with your forced nonsense, saying that you don't have peripheral vision, that weapon animations is not a key element to immersion in FPS genre and obligatory "I am the universe" fallacy.
you Get Disgusted Alot VERY easily. i dont really pay much attention to make sure my guy reloded In the MOST REALISTIC Way possible Im more worried about the things wiht no skin and swords for arms slowly clawing away at my flesh to feed clot babys in the sewers Making even more clots so they can potentioly Take over earth. See what happens when you look at Reload annimations?

Upvote 0