• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weak K98 and MN Fire sounds

They really sound fine, and uniquely identifiable from range too! :D

Have you tried playing with your bass/treble settings? Rifles have hardly anything that could be described as 'bass' to them when they fire, so if you have your bass turned up (Even a little) it could be exaggerating the other weapons enough that the rifle sounds weak.

If you just want it to sound more 'boomy' well, can't help you there. Rifles don't go 'boom' they go 'crack' :)

Upvote 0
Tak said:
They really sound fine, and uniquely identifiable from range too! :D

Have you tried playing with your bass/treble settings? Rifles have hardly anything that could be described as 'bass' to them when they fire, so if you have your bass turned up (Even a little) it could be exaggerating the other weapons enough that the rifle sounds weak.

If you just want it to sound more 'boomy' well, can't help you there. Rifles don't go 'boom' they go 'crack' :)
Exactly

There could also be a lack of creditable examples...Most people who have fired mausers and/or mosins would have more than likely been at a range...even Outdoor randeg have aquard acustics (spellcheck lol).
On a battlefield there is alot of defferent objects for the sounds to bounce off of. So the sounds that you may have heard by a mosin/mauser might not be quite what they would sound like if there were building/trees/hills/vehicles/so on for the sound to echo off of...Or the opposit effect if there is a lack of these objects...It would sound weaker...However i do agree that some of the weapon sounds Should be more intense when in a closer proxi to objects/inside buildings and all that jaz. just a few tid bits for people to consider. ;)
peace
-uBi

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The K98 fires a 8mm round (almost) It wasent many weeks ago i fired a 6.5x55mm swedish rifle, and i can tell you all that the smaller 6,5x55mm round doens sound "crack". There is a really "bang umpf", so I belive that the bigger round in a K98 should sound something the same, a quite big bang with a umpf in the sound :) .

But I have never fired the K98 so i Cant be 1000% sure about that.

Upvote 0
Leprazy said:
The K98 fires a 8mm round (almost) It wasent many weeks ago i fired a 6.5x55mm swedish rifle, and i can tell you all that the smaller 6,5x55mm round doens sound "crack". There is a really "bang umpf", so I belive that the bigger round in a K98 should sound something the same, a quite big bang with a umpf in the sound :) .

But I have never fired the K98 so i Cant be 1000% sure about that.
The mauser (to be exact) fires a 7.92X57 round...It makes a sharp crack...
The mosin fires a 7.62X54 round...and believe me, the Mosin has a more beastly kick to it than the mauser. The Mosins sounds a full on crack/boom.
haha
If you get a chance to head to a outdoors sports store...pick up a mosin...their fun and most places sell them (If they have em) for about $85-120. the ammo for em verries tho.

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
The mauser (to be exact) fires a 7.92X57 round...It makes a sharp crack...
The mosin fires a 7.62X54 round...and believe me, the Mosin has a more beastly kick to it than the mauser. The Mosins sounds a full on crack/boom.
haha
If you get a chance to head to a outdoors sports store...pick up a mosin...their fun and most places sell them (If they have em) for about $85-120. the ammo for em verries tho.

Whoa, wait, a functioning MN for 85 bucks? Where in the hell...?

Upvote 0
User Name said:
Here is a video I made of a few different WWII rifles. I'm missing a Lee Enfield and an Arisaka but this video does have the rifles in question. Its not very long but it is high quality for the internet so it might take a few minutes to load.

BTW, I hope you like the K98k better than my cameraman did!:D
http://media.putfile.com/WWII-Weapons

LoL at the cameraman 'OUCH!'

The m44 was the only distinctive bolt action in that vid! Just goes to show that in reality rifles do sound the same.

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed watching it :)

Upvote 0