• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We Need You, Armored Beasts!

Bennanteno

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
I heard recently that armored beasts is no longer developing. It's a sad time for RO when a team responsible for such a great mutator lays the project to rest because a few whiners complained about "UBAR G4eRMN TANXZ$R!!!" or how "weak" the PTRD was. Don't be discouraged, you can't please everyone. I'm sick of tank combat won and lost by angles alone, I'm sick of shooting a t34 in the rear with an 88 and having it turn and kill me in 1 shot to my front armor, I'm sick of the tiny soviet autocannon on the light tank tearing German heavy armor to pieces at long range. No matter what some people may say, the RO community is interested in Armored Beasts and would love to see you keep working on it.

Elysium said:
unfair to the Soviet team

It was not unfair towards the Russians good tankers can destroy the Germans and thier animal tanks. Just play on the FKR AB server Russian side really knows how to play.The current verison of stock tanking in my opinion is unfair to the Germans because the best German tanks can not take out a simple Russian medium tank ( T-34) without 50 deflects or non-damaging hits and it can take you out at any range from any side (front,sides rear,ect.) lets not forget the Ptrd that shoots a 14.5mm round that is more potent than an 88 if the PT-soldat is not a new guy or the HE kills in the stock verison.
Every time I read these its not "balanced" or its "unfair" posts it seems to me that the person posting it is whineing because he can not go and exploit the short commings of the orignal verison on AB ( aka invincble angle). The proof of AB's excellent playablity is on the popular FKR Debrecen server play it then judge! Make sure to play when its full not when its empty or when teams are stacked because that would be a poor example of how AB plays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I heard recently that armored beasts is no longer developing. It's a sad time for RO when a team responsible for such a great mutator lays the project to rest because a few whiners complained about "UBAR G4eRMN TANXZ$R!!!" or how "weak" the PTRD was.
If you read the relevent thread......
I'm sorry, guys, but lately Amizaur was mostly offline and had a definitely bad time, to the point that in about a week he is going to a hospital, so... this is the reason why the 2.07 was not finished and officially released
Now in about a week I'm going to be DEFINITELY offline for some time.
Please do not contact me directly, contact Keystone instead, I'll try to stay in email contact with him, untill I leave.
Or are you just trying to be flame bait??? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
How about the turret being modeled, burningout, reduced delfections,correct MG ammo ammounts, no mg shake on the turret and ball mount, 90%( a few errors I should probably post them) spot on penetration vaules for the main guns, main tank gun spread,ect. ( alot more stuff read the changelogs or play it)

AB is about as real as it gets for RO.

Upvote 0
How about the turret being modeled, burningout, reduced delfections,correct MG ammo ammounts, no mg shake on the turret and ball mount, 90%( a few errors I should probably post them) spot on penetration vaules for the main guns, main tank gun spread,ect. ( alot more stuff read the changelogs or play it)

AB is about as real as it gets for RO.

Well if all the above means I's gots to get pwnt playing as a Russian tanker, then theres clearly something not right about it!

The right size map for AB is BDJ, so I agree map design is extremely important!

All the others are either too small or waaay too big to be enjoyable!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
Well if all the means I's gots to get pwnt playing as a Russian tanker, then theres clearly something not right about it!

It does not mean that at all and even if it did that would be more the mappers fault than AB for example if someone makes RO-Orel redux AB that would be unwinable for the Russians. Just jump on the AB FKR server usually they have a really strong Russian team and a lot of great realistic and balanced maps by Keystone. The Russians kick the Germans all round the map Panther or no Panther. When both sides are good its very interresting the more skilled or cordinated side usually pushes back the slightly less cordinated side but theres a back and forth (offensive manuvers to reclaim lost ground)- thats what happened a few days ago good battle!! I left a lot of burned out husks of tanks everywhere lol-:) Pretty much you have to organize and use the heavy hitting Panther G's or IS-2s wisely to win. The Russians on that server generally have alot more teamwork the other day I saw an IS-2 with several T-34's backing it up thats like something you would see in real life it took a lot to dislodge that formation from the farm area. There are plenty of heavy hitting IS-2's but the T-34's can do pretty good damage too just dont expect to take down Panthers from the front at 1000 meters with them treat the T-34/85 like a Panzer IV H vs an IS-2 ( I get a lot of Stug III and Panzer IV IS-2 side shots - cause Im sneaky) against the heavy guys and you should be ok the other tanks are easy kills. Thats actually pretty realistic the T-34/85's gun is very comparable to the Panzer IV H in Ap performance. Its funny because although the Panzer IV H was a great tank as it proved even at the end of the war people seem to think it to be rubbish and become get angry if you say that it was one of the better tanks of the war until the Panther flaws were ironed out :rolleyes:(sorry for the tank rant in here need to vent a bit I guess). RO-Debrecen plays very well so does Keystone's other map I can't remember its name starts with a "P" but well just comeon down to the FKR AB server m8.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some people just accustomed so much to stock RO that they started believe that is realistic. And it's not strange that they feel like AB is not realistic after their ride in T34/85, thinking that they can do everything, driving ahead straight enemy position, and then easily killed by some PzIVH, and then is reaction like "WTF I was on angle!!!!!!"

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0
Some people just accustomed so much to stock RO that they started believe that is realistic. And it's not strange that they feel like AB is not realistic after their ride in T34/85, thinking that they can do everything, driving ahead straight enemy position, and then easily killed by some PzIVH, and then is reaction like "WTF I was on angle!!!!!!"

I personnally find stock RO very gamey and unrealistic and sure I am used to it and I accept it. AB on the other hand, for me anyways, doesnt offer anything substantial nor is it conclusively more realistic either!

If AB somehow added the ability to take out individual crewmen or componants of a tank, ie damaging the turret turn mechanism of a Tiger (for example), it would get a double thumbs up from me! :)

Reactions: Keystone
Upvote 0
Mate please use paragraphs as it makes what you just typed alot easier to read!
sorry I havent gone to sleep yet: its 1:24pm so Im sorry if Im all over the place
If AB somehow added the ability to take out individual crewmen or componants of a tank, ie damaging the turret turn mechanism of a Tiger (for example), it would get a double thumbs up from me!

Amizaur did say he was working on the crew part a long time ago but it seems he is in no postion to finish AB atm. Anyway everyone forgets that the RMF mod actually made the tank's crew vulnerable( killable through the tank) but its one of those mods/mutators noone notices for some reason and its nice features fade into oblivion.
The RMF has amizaurs code + a whole ton of cool features like ground shake when a tank passes near, being able to turn the tank when 1 track is blown off more than 2 ammo types thier panzer III has 3. ect but it seems none is playing it anywhere.:mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well if all the above means I's gots to get pwnt playing as a Russian tanker, then theres clearly something not right about it!

The right size map for AB is BDJ, so I agree map design is extremely important!

All the others are either too small or waaay too big to be enjoyable!

It AMAZES me how mislead people are about armored combat on the eastern front.

For all the people who complain about "unrealistic tigers" in the original AB just read some Tiger jockey bios. Or just read German tanker bios in general.

Why do you think that a handfull of German tanks or SPG's would destroy entire soviet tank regiments. German tigers vs. T 34's was like shooting fish in a barrel.

German tanker training was the best in the world, and until very late in the war produced very experienced and capable crew, most of which wen to the eastern front.

Also German and Soviet command structure differed immensely. German commanders had a bottom up command structure. While Soviet command structure was very top down. high ranked soviet officers made all the decisions and everyone stuck too them, even when it was obvious that they were no longer viable. entire tank regiments were sometimes committed to attack objectives that no longer existed.:confused: (yes it happened) or they attacked x objective while the Germans blithely moved to the sides and allowed the soviets to flank themselves.

Conclusion, only reason soviets were in Berlin was because of huge allied bombing effort on German production + eventually superior productivity.

Oh one final thing. THe T 34/85 only difference between T 34/75 = gun and turret. No appreciable difference in armor. So it was at best an upgunned, fast medium tank. more hitting power 0 increase in defence.

Sorry... it bugs me when people complain about "unrealism of superior german armor" :p

Upvote 0
I personnally find stock RO very gamey and unrealistic and sure I am used to it and I accept it. AB on the other hand, for me anyways, doesnt offer anything substantial nor is it conclusively more realistic either!

If AB somehow added the ability to take out individual crewmen or componants of a tank, ie damaging the turret turn mechanism of a Tiger (for example), it would get a double thumbs up from me! :)

Typical attitude of Call of Duty players... Always is more important visual things than technical things..

About that "real war" mod, I think author of this mod could trade name of this mod with Armored Beasts, then real war would be that really real war. Data of guns penetration and armor values in this real war mod are redicolous.

Upvote 0