• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need search and destroy gameplay Tripwire!

The tactical possibillities with current system are almost limitless. On some maps at least. :cool:

S&D would be wellcome, but to say the current system "gets old fast" is simply not true. I cannot believe you managed to discover all the zillions of tactical options to win (or lose) on each and every map, already.

Oleg

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
I hope TW comes up with a search and destroy gameplay type.

The present respawning system gets tiring FAST for many of us. This game has a lot of potential but without S&D and NO respawning, it's not going to stay on my computer very long.

S&D(plant the bomb) + No Respawning = CS on the Eastern Front.

Respawning is something just about every other game I've ever played (other than CS) incorporates.

But , the objective based gameplay of RO where once you lose an objective , you can't recapture it , IS unique.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
Ew.

Let someone mod it in. I wouldn't ask Tripwire to waste their time optimizing the maps for this kind of thing.

Only if Tripwire wants their game to grow and reach out to more players which would mean more sales for them.

Wouldn't be a big deal for them to make S&D functional on some maps. And it would even be more realistic then a respawning system.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
Only if Tripwire wants their game to grow and reach out to more players which would mean more sales for them.

Wouldn't be a big deal for them to make S&D functional on some maps. And it would even be more realistic then a respawning system.

Trust me. Having been around since UT2K3, most of us have a good idea on what probably will and what probably won't attract new players to this game. Especially Tripwire themselves.

Also, no, it wouldn't be realistic at all. Sixteen men are not sent to capture a warehouse. Sixteen tankers are not sent to take two villages and the surrounding countryside. Sixteen men do not fight for several city blocks on their own. Respawning is the compromise to let the battles have larger "sizes."

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
Trust me. Having been around since UT2K3, most of us have a good idea on what probably will and what probably won't attract new players to this game. Especially Tripwire themselves.

Also, no, it wouldn't be realistic at all. Sixteen men are not sent to capture a warehouse. Sixteen tankers are not sent to take two villages and the surrounding countryside. Sixteen men do not fight for several city blocks on their own. Respawning is the compromise to let the battles have larger "sizes."

Obviously you are not a fan of S&D but many others are, look at all the ladders in existence and you will see for yourself.

It is A LOT MORE realistic that you have ONE life per round then almost an unlimited amount.

TW has so much dev talent, I am actually surprised that they haven't come up with this gameplay. I have over 100 members, all over the age of 25 in my clan and we all love the S&D gameplay. It is probably more geared for the older crowd.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:

AMEN! People saying respawning isn't realistic are just plain ridiculous. You are not respawning as the same soldier, you are a reinforcement! Hence the limit on reinforcements. Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
S&D idea is not bad.

However, it would turn RO into a CoD or MoH or CS style CQB, where everyone wants SMGs etc etc. I know, it would be *beter* but come on, would you actually want RO-Dust and RO-Goes-CoD mods? I wonder when they start wanting bullet penetration like that PPSh can shoot through 10m of steel concrete.

Well said and agreed. The respawning system works in RO (even though it is seen in many games), and why should it be altered? S&D gametype without respawning would create more "Okay guys I got masterplan, lets blow up these cannons with 2-3 men, the enemy has only 2-3 guarding the cannons, too"- stuff. It works in competitive gameplay etc but it gets boring too. Just camp long enough to wait that the other team is setting up the bomb and then you suddenly fire them BANG BANG BANG and you won the round. The current system makes the gameplay more tactical as you need to time your moves in order to prevail in clan matches etc, not like just camp and kill everyone.

The present respawning system gets tiring FAST for many of us. This game has a lot of potential but without S&D and NO respawning, it's not going to stay on my computer very long.

Well no offense but it is not our problem that you do not like the current RO gameplay. S&D would be good as idea but with RO

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
Obviously you are not a fan of S&D but many others are, look at all the ladders in existence and you will see for yourself.
I enjoyed S&D in some games. However, it has no place in long rounds of RO:O.

10-78 BusterKing said:
It is A LOT MORE realistic that you have ONE life per round then almost an unlimited amount.
Did you read a single word I said in my second paragraph? Back up this logic with proof, then.

10-78 BusterKing said:
TW has so much dev talent, I am actually surprised that they haven't come up with this gameplay. I have over 100 members, all over the age of 25 in my clan and we all love the S&D gameplay. It is probably more geared for the older crowd.
Or it is geared for the CS junkies. This is front-line combat, not a black ops mission.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:

When doing a small squad anti-terror game, yes. When dealing with battles fought during WWII, NO! You are just plain wrong. Check my previous post for why there is a respawn. It really makes sense.

10-78 BusterKing said:
Indeed they do. That is why they have made RO the way it is. I love how people throw around stats like, "I know so many people over the age of blank and they want blank". Well, I'm 30 years old and I know plenty of people who love RO for what it is. If we want what you are talking about then we will play CS or CS:Source. TW should spend their time improving and tweaking RO for what it is already; A terrific game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rakowice already has several S&D objectives, when the editor comes out I'm sure it will be quite easy for mappers to make a S&D only map. Actually I think Rakowice should be changed to be S&D only, we all know how over top hard that map is for the russians. If you cut out all the other cap points, I believe it will become a more enjoyable map.

Upvote 0
I think S&D would work if you had multiple objectives to blow. That would be great especially with a lot of people. For example a russian might have the task of blowing up a panzer repair station, Ammo dump, field hospital/kitchen. It might be easy for the Russians at first but when it narrows down to the last objective the German defence will be greater. I think S&D would work very well.

Upvote 0