• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need search and destroy gameplay Tripwire!

Rrralphster said:
Not another "Go play CS"... if I wanted to play CS I would but I never will... Common sense would be to say play RO, wait for maps designed for roundbased/S&D or any other ADDITION.
Some people are just blind, they don't see the words "EXTRA and MORE or OPTIONS and CHOICE".

No, you are blind. READ THE THREAD! I already stated to wait for the modifications! I'm a 30 year old man who enjoys this game and of course has no problem with choice. The fact is the OP made it out like RO isn't very good without this option and TW needs to add it asap. Which just isn't the case. Hell, you must be blind as I said in the post you quoted to wait for the mods! Or maybe you can see but just can't read. Not sure which. I also stated in the thread that TW would probably add different game types in the future and that would be cool. Who doesn't want choice? Where do you get that I think something is wrong with choice?

Upvote 0
quote/Maybe you should read the entire thread...yada yada

lol at you.

Why mentioned CS...many games have an objective gametype ,its very popular.

Why do you refer to other games,as in their players are somehow below you or RO's got some intelectual gameplay,like some sort of snob.Your posts do nothing more but to rubbish people that offer an opinion.Childlike if you ask me..and you aint the only one.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
I don't agree that we have to rely on mods for search and destroy.

I want it done by the game makers themselves and done right. The idea of just turning off the reinforcement will NOT work.

We need objectives on maps, bombs that can be planted with timers and be able to diffuse them.

Like I have said before, TW has great devs and they can make this work properly and beat any other games out there that has it.

I hope that TW seriously considers my request.
For starters: Yes, this is a suggestion. And it has been suggested many times before. "Serious requests" are still suggestions.

Again, TW has better things to worry about than making a CounterStrike mode. I'd rather see new maps using a tried-and-true system, rather than a boring "spec ops" map.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
For starters: Yes, this is a suggestion. And it has been suggested many times before. "Serious requests" are still suggestions.

Again, TW has better things to worry about than making a CounterStrike mode. I'd rather see new maps using a tried-and-true system, rather than a boring "spec ops" map.

Refer to UK-SUBS post above yours, you fit right in there also!

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
BoltActionJackson said:
No, you are blind. READ THE THREAD! I already stated to wait for the modifications! I'm a 30 year old man who enjoys this game and of course has no problem with choice. The fact is the OP made it out like RO isn't very good without this option and TW needs to add it asap. Which just isn't the case. Hell, you must be blind as I said in the post you quoted to wait for the mods! Or maybe you can see but just can't read. Not sure which. I also stated in the thread that TW would probably add different game types in the future and that would be cool. Who doesn't want choice? Where do you get that I think something is wrong with choice?
The reason I quoted you was because of the "go play CS" line that offended me. What would CS have to offer me besides roundbased? I like playing WW2 related games (preferably realistic ones and CS isn't at all...)
And no need for modifications. The maps that are in the game right now are meant for Conquest games. You need new maps specially designed for RB/S&D/Retrieval or similar games.
That remark about people being blind was also in general, toward all the negativo's who don't tolerate extra's or options. Like you said, you don't mind options so why would you take that personal?

Upvote 0
UK-SUBS said:
quote/Maybe you should read the entire thread...yada yada

lol at you.

Why mentioned CS...many games have an objective gametype ,its very popular.

Why do you refer to other games,as in their players are somehow below you or RO's got some intelectual gameplay,like some sort of snob.Your posts do nothing more but to rubbish people that offer an opinion.Childlike if you ask me..and you aint the only one.

Please tell me how I made out RO to be any better than any other game? Please point me to one thing I said like that? yada yada! Come on now. You are the one talking rubbish out your a$$ mate. I am no snob. I happen to enjoy CS, DOD, Quake 4, and Halo 2. I think they are all great games and love them. LOL at you.

My point is RO has been out two weeks and this guy is already demanding S&D without respawns. No, he's not suggesting, or just giving his opinion, he is demanding and attempting to state his opinion as fact . Just check his last 2 posts in the thread.

Again, I am no snob. I would love for you to point out where I allude to players of other games as being somehow below myself or RO. I'll be waiting. I'm sure hell will have frozen over by then, because I haven't.

Upvote 0
Well as i mentioned elsewhere, its possible to use a S&D Gametype without a Mutator, simply set the Reinforcement time = Map Time Limit and you'd get a S&D Gametype if one uses only Destructible Objectives, of course this has to be done with a Mapeditor, but a Map would need some tweaking to make it S&D Playable. Playing Rakowice as S&D for example would be impossible.

But you don't need a Mutator, one just has to do a Map so that it can be played this Way.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
The reason I quoted you was because of the "go play CS" line that offended me. What would CS have to offer me besides roundbased? I like playing WW2 related games (preferably realistic ones and CS isn't at all...)
And no need for modifications. The maps that are in the game right now are meant for Conquest games. You need new maps specially designed for RB/S&D/Retrieval or similar games.
That remark about people being blind was also in general, toward all the negativo's who don't tolerate extra's or options. Like you said, you don't mind options so why would you take that personal?
What I take personal is the OP's message. He is making it out like TW must implement the S&D immediately or RO will be in trouble of being a failure or niche game. He is making it out like this needs to be their immediate focus, which I think plenty would be unhappy with. They have technical issues and bugs to work out. I have already stated this many times.

The other thing I take offence to is the fact that anyone who responded that TW has more important things atm, gets accused of not wanting options or choice. Or being some sort of video game snob. LOL! Just check out the OP's last couple of posts. He is even arrogant enough to think this doesn't belong in the suggestion forum.

As I mentioned above, I myself play CS and in no way meant to offend any CS players. What I was getting at is if you must have S&D/no respawn gameplay right away, then there is always CS. Right now RO is what it is and I'm sure we will have different game types eventualy. My point was there is other work to be done first.

Upvote 0
BoltActionJackson said:
My point is RO has been out two weeks and this guy is already demanding S&D without respawns. No, he's not suggesting, or just giving his opinion, he is demanding and attempting to state his opinion as fact . Just check his last 2 posts in the thread.

I am not demanding, I am requesting it. There's a difference, check the dictionary instead of using your own definition.

And I don't need to wait one year to make a request, yes, 2 weeks and I am already tired of all the spawning and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

All I want is for this game to sell a LOT of copies and be fun for a lot of gamers. They have no reason to restrict themselves and cutting their own throats by listening to some that just belittle others because they want options.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
I am not demanding, I am requesting it. There's a difference, check the dictionary instead of using your own definition.

And I don't need to wait one year to make a request, yes, 2 weeks and I am already tired of all the spawning and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

All I want is for this game to sell a LOT of copies and be fun for a lot of gamers. They have no reason to restrict themselves and cutting their own throats by listening to some that just belittle others because they want options.

Fair enough. Of course you are requesting while threatening to quit playing the game. You also make suggestions that this is how "many" others feel also. Of course I don't see very many people threatening to quit playing RO until S&D gameplay with no respawns is implemented. The majority of people I talk to and see posting are loving RO as is. It seems to me you are suggesting otherwise. I just don't see it. What I do see is that the few people disappointed with RO are having tech issues or bugs. They are in no way worried about no respawns or S&D.

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Well as i mentioned elsewhere, its possible to use a S&D Gametype without a Mutator, simply set the Reinforcement time = Map Time Limit and you'd get a S&D Gametype if one uses only Destructible Objectives, of course this has to be done with a Mapeditor, but a Map would need some tweaking to make it S&D Playable. Playing Rakowice as S&D for example would be impossible.

But you don't need a Mutator, one just has to do a Map so that it can be played this Way.

QFE :)

Upvote 0
BoltActionJackson said:
Fair enough. Of course you are requesting while threatening to quit playing the game. You also make suggestions that this is how "many" others feel also. Of course I don't see very many people threatening to quit playing RO until S&D gameplay with no respawns is implemented. The majority of people I talk to and see posting are loving RO as is. It seems to me you are suggesting otherwise. I just don't see it. What I do see is that the few people disappointed with RO are having tech issues or bugs. They are in no way worried about no respawns or S&D.

I am not threatening anything at all, all I said was that the respawning is getting old for me and without S&D or a similar type of gameplay without respawn I can't see myself playing this game that much long, this isn't a threat but honestly the way I feel.

I have over 100 members in my clan, all S&D fanatics and when they heard this game didn't have S&D only 30% were interested and now out of these 30% some also feel the way I am.

If Tripwire doesn't pick the ball on this then I will just move on. I don't think there's anything wrong in me letting TW know how I feel about it and how I think they can generate more interest with their already great game.

Upvote 0
I for one put my CoD and CoD2 back in my shelve a long time ago, because there are only two choices. Boring S&D where I spend half my time waiting while other play and the bunny hopping idiocracy of DM and Team DM.
My time in computergames are too short to play S&D. (And by the way, Im 42).
But hey, I think you should have the possibility to do so, if you want. As long as there are real RO servers still.

And 10-78, what exactly are the difference between a suggestion and a request?
You might not be treathening, but saying that if the developers dont do it your way the game will die, can very easy be interpreted that way.

Upvote 0
-MM!!-Lazarus said:
And 10-78, what exactly are the difference between a suggestion and a request?
You might not be treathening, but saying that if the developers dont do it your way the game will die, can very easy be interpreted that way.

Exactly what I am getting at. To reiterate BK, I agree with you that it is nice to have a choice and some S&D missions would be nice. I do however completely disagree that it is nearly as big of a deal for RO:Ostfront and TripWire that you make it out to be. RO is a great game and adding S&D is in no way a current make or break situation.

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
I am not threatening anything at all, all I said was that the respawning is getting old for me and without S&D or a similar type of gameplay without respawn I can't see myself playing this game that much long, this isn't a threat but honestly the way I feel.

If Tripwire doesn't pick the ball on this then I will just move on. I don't think there's anything wrong in me letting TW know how I feel about it and how I think they can generate more interest with their already great game.

You say your not threatening and then you threaten to leave the game forever sounds like a threat to me. I wouldnt be against search and destroy with respawn but without it would take alot from the present atmosphere that your fighting in a large engagement. Honestly i dont think this is the direction the devs want to head in i think they want to keep the present large scale engagement feel to the game, do it as a mod sure but leave the gameplay that makes roo so special be. SOMEONE PLEASE DO A POLL ON THIS SO WE CAN SEE WHAT THE MAJOURITY THINK .

Upvote 0
10-78 BusterKing said:
Refer to UK-SUBS post above yours, you fit right in there also!

:rolleyes:

Too bad I'm not saying you're "CounterStrike-ians" I'm saying that what you might want doesn't coincide with what everyone else wants.

10-78 BusterKing said:

When you think your idea/suggestion is shot down when it gets placed in the ideas/suggestions forum, you are demanding quite forcefully.

10-78 BusterKing said:

I'm quite sure that there are many, many more who would tire quickly of TW wasting their time to make a game mode that was more like CS than RO.

10-78 BusterKing said:

Exactly. So let someone make a mutator. YOU go make a mutator or a mod. Just don't waste the Dev's time.

Upvote 0