• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We need a anti camping zed.

Strung

Mar 31, 2015
I think i may have solved our problem of camping the same spot, We need a zed that when killed its blood is harmful like a yellow or vile green, As they have splatter map textures. Now here is the cool bit. The only way to cover this vile puddle of goo is to kill other zeds over it so the blood would overright the other blood.

On the higher modes its should just run and suicide, to stop players leading them away from there cool camping place

So what do you guys think do you think it fits killingfloor lore or is this like rocking horse **** and will never be seen.

Good news, KF2 already contains two very effective anti-camping zeds. You might know them as the 'scrake' and 'fleshpound'.

Edit: Also, there is a 'run and explode in your face' zed too, called the husk. Though, this ability is only activated on suicidal and HoE as far as I know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, if you want an idea, How's a bout a Zed that resembles a cross between a Husk and a Bloat, glows green and fires a bile bomb that behaves similar to Han's gas grenade? it leaves behind a temporary cloud of damaging fumes after the time delay on the bomb goes off. it also has a low fire rate and cannot fire a new bomb until the previous bomb disperses.

Upvote 0
I think TWI can actually just add a few tricks to existing Zeds and make them better at breathing down your neck.

1. Husk takes cover, lean and shoot

2. Husk digs in from a distance and mortaring a timer fuse lava bomb.

3. Twin Sirens who got strip into the same jacket, each will be taking turn to scream for non-stop screaming. Spawn with crowds.

4. Twin blade Gorefast, always in blade dancing mode. Doing constant but reduced damage. Has 70% damage resistance to melee weapons. Immune to stumble caused by being parried.

5. Stalker squad spawn high up in the air near players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But we already have 3 anti-camping zeds that do the job far more effectively, mainly the Husk, Scrake and Fleshpound.

Seriously, have you ever seen the Suicidal or HoE husk? Not only do they pelt you from range with fire but the moment they get close it's a case of "**** you and everyone around you" with their flamethrower alt.

Scrake and FP are the same way, the moment they get stuck in it's over, if your team decides to bail or can't kill it in time he will rip the crap out of you.

The only thing i really see with this new zed as is an anti-fun mechanic in the same way a lot of "stop camping" monsters act. If reminds me of the spitter from L4D2 which didn't really solve the closet camping problem, it just made it so less skilled teams can't do it and caused people to constantly get blocked at doorways due to either killing it or getting hit by it's attack.

If anything just give the husks some more attacks and animations like being able to concentrate rapid fire shots if a target is standing still.

Upvote 0
I have to ask, and somebody do enlighten me, what's the problem with camping?

An exploit spot where you are pretty safe, i understand that. But that's a map thing.

Shouldn't you be able to either kite stuff *or* hold the line if you choose? I never liked kiting, I prefer killing outright or fighting for my ground, and I don't see how my preference would upset other people. No, I wouldn't do it despite my team kiting and cause a wipe either. Also the entire idea voids welding to a degree.

But I like your idea to involve the blood into gameplay!

Upvote 0
I have to ask, and somebody do enlighten me, what's the problem with camping?

An exploit spot where you are pretty safe, i understand that. But that's a map thing.

Shouldn't you be able to either kite stuff *or* hold the line if you choose? I never liked kiting, I prefer killing outright or fighting for my ground, and I don't see how my preference would upset other people. No, I wouldn't do it despite my team kiting and cause a wipe either. Also the entire idea voids welding to a degree.

But I like your idea to involve the blood into gameplay!

*shrugs* Considering in later waves some of the more defensible areas open up all over the place, i don't know. Short of 1 or 2 spots which will probably be fixed later on.

As for blood it's already kinda involved with the lighting system. Once blood stats piling up and the lights go out it gets really hard to see, you can notice this in DNA storage in Biolab with the one vents crawlers pop out of. At first they are easy to pick out. Blood piles up or the lights got it, it gets a little harder. With the sea of blood and lights going it it's amazingly hard to pick a crawler out with black contrasting on red in the dark.

Upvote 0
*shrugs* Considering in later waves some of the more defensible areas open up all over the place, i don't know. Short of 1 or 2 spots which will probably be fixed later on.

As for blood it's already kinda involved with the lighting system. Once blood stats piling up and the lights go out it gets really hard to see, you can notice this in DNA storage in Biolab with the one vents crawlers pop out of. At first they are easy to pick out. Blood piles up or the lights got it, it gets a little harder. With the sea of blood and lights going it it's amazingly hard to pick a crawler out with black contrasting on red in the dark.

Never noticed that with the blood, I'll have to keep an eye out, sounds good!

And indeed with the spawn points being everywhere, buuut as a firebug I assume I'm holding an FT, for example. Though any firearm will suffice for the example.

If you and 5 others coordinated, welded up to shape the spot to your favour a bit more and were able to hold the place against a big wave, surely that's a good thing?

I'm not talking about them coming through 1 door, but simply everyone has their sectors and are watching eachother's backs, and you dominate all incoming opposition. Sounds like a good time to me, don't see why it's opposed.

Upvote 0