• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We are currently beta testing a new RO 2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good patch but way to late, game is dead in aus/nz so i cant even play if i want to.. Can i get a refund i expected to last well into at least 2012

Game will grow, as did RO1 and KF. You will play in 2012 and beyond, but maybe not before then. US and UK are doing OK for RO2 atm, just enough servers to play. Shame there's no countdown for UK though..

Upvote 0
Also, in regards to class quantities and such. I would rather limit weapons than classes. Have a cooldown period for Mkbs (noone can spawn with one until the last user died or something) and a more relaxed cooldown for G41.

Also I would like the G41 for Squadleader to be an unlock or something. Not only do I want to use Kar98k as Gruppenfuhrer, but I don't want people picking the SL role just because it's the last semi-auto left!

Upvote 0
Good you are pushing it out, but some points:
+ FPS seems to be more stable, it usually stays around 62 which is the MaxSmoothedFrameRate, with occasional drops into the 50s.
+ Less audio stutter, but still there, especially the recon plane and still the STGs.

- Getting ~1 second lags that do not seem network-related and were not there before in the non-beta.

- Got a serious bug today but it might already be in the non-beta: I was playing Russian Commander for 1 round, then after it ended I was in observe mode - but had apparently actually still spawned. I changed team, died of course since I was spawned, then changed back. I was unable to give artillery orders and for some reason it seemed I was ordering the Germans (bots) where to move ... it was a strange one, so I bet it would be hard to reproduce :(

Reactions: JaspisB
Upvote 0
As it appears no major issues have cropped up over the weekend we are looking to push this patch live today with the Full SDK release.

How are you going to tackle the disappearing HUD-problems, such as sometimes all screen info going away. I also just experienced the commander's controlpanel disappearing (think it was upon a new round) when I was commander and I had also been removed from the class selection screen, so it didn't look like I existed; might have had one of them "glory in battle" messages before, which I said yes to, despite already being commander (everyone else on my team were bots, since it was the Beast server).

The probably weirdest thing is that the beta doesn't seem to produce any .dmp-files, or they might be somewhere else than the usual directory. That is making it pretty hard sending a proper bug report.

Other than that: SDK?! YAY! Great work! Celebration!

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
Good you are pushing it out, but some points:
+ FPS seems to be more stable, it usually stays around 62 which is the MaxSmoothedFrameRate, with occasional drops into the 50s.
+ Less audio stutter, but still there, especially the recon plane and still the STGs.

- Getting ~1 second lags that do not seem network-related and were not there before in the non-beta.

- Got a serious bug today but it might already be in the non-beta: I was playing Russian Commander for 1 round, then after it ended I was in observe mode - but had apparently actually still spawned. I changed team, died of course since I was spawned, then changed back. I was unable to give artillery orders and for some reason it seemed I was ordering the Germans (bots) where to move ... it was a strange one, so I bet it would be hard to reproduce :(

THIS was the game we two were just playing, which the previous post was about!!!!! This probably coincided with my nonexistense. Do you have any .dmp-file of it, Shadrach?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.