• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We are currently beta testing a new RO 2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a ton TWI Ro2 will now become my dream game with ro2 gameplay and mechanics with weapon loadouts from Ost.

celebrate.gif

Upvote 0
Grain Elevator, i believe needs help. The fighting on the last few objectives always seem the best but the allies run out of reinforcements before the fun last long enough. Usually the allies become a pain in the first cap and keep the game from going that far. Great map, lots of good spots, but most of the potential is lost because no one gets to fight in the later caps.

Upvote 0
Seems great! Was just playing CD-Station and my HUD, including the chat text, disappeared and I think it was realated to when I pressed "M", to see the map; I was playing as commander. Think it happened on Spartanovka as well. It was the beast server/TWI. I can't provide any .dmp, since there, for some reason, isn't any for this game session.

Great patch, except for this little hiccup, though!

EDIT: Messages, such as if anything is captured, weren't visible. In short: all gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
how do i know if the shortcut works?
What is the game version and where do I find it?

When you open Steam, RO2 will start download update.
Update size 900MB.
Then you will know.

I'm downloading now.

Yoshiro can you say a word about FOV 90 ?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tripwire, this is a great patch in progress! Well Done.

May i ask, will the Ping issues on 50+ player servers be fixed in a future patch?
I notice 200+ ping when there are many players on a server.

Thank you TWI.

plex
I doubt you will see something like that fixed.
I wrote about it, but my comment never got approved.
it's the messed up engine my friend.
AA3 utilizes the same engine and its netcode just cant stand more than 24 players for proper gameplay without ping going sky high.
it's been more than 2 years since AA3 came out and up today devs weren't able to get the right soulution for it.
We owned AA3 server for months and without proper administration it was unbarable and pings changed up to 3x than normal.
There was also one specific thing related for this engine...which is not the case in properly coded one...
You can have for example 20 players in the server with 20-30 pings the most, but if the one joins with the ping higher than 80 all palyers pigns go up..to and around 100..or even more...devs tested it, reproduced the same and got the same results no matter how good was the dedicated server hosting the game...
that's why the game was abandoned with the veteran community members and later on it went..almsot dead...

Upvote 0
Grain Elevator, i believe needs help. The fighting on the last few objectives always seem the best but the allies run out of reinforcements before the fun last long enough. Usually the allies become a pain in the first cap and keep the game from going that far. Great map, lots of good spots, but most of the potential is lost because no one gets to fight in the later caps.
It's the defending team not defending but assaulting that makes the reinf go 0% so that few actually get to defend the last caps. You see the same problem on Darkest Hour map ''Hill 108''. Players adapted to it, but only after alot of experience.
I cannot really blame it on the map design.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This statement is largely dependent on player skill. I have no idea what you mean by "fewer threats". You must mean bots.

is it?

I stated that the game does not have any situation where you, as a rifleman, would be better armed than yourself as an assault. Reasons given.

you and yourself have equal skills, right? Then it's not dependent on player skill.

so I had an SMG. 6 enemies also had it.

now I have an SMG and only 3 enemies will have it.

that's what I meant by fewer threats. With the current design choices, more riflemen means a much easier scenario for the smg guy.

Upvote 0
First of all: good news !

Second, and I appologies for detracting the topic a bit, could someone give more details (here or on a pm) on these 2:

Thank you.

The only two destroyable objectives I know are on Red October, these are the welding shed and the signal box, not sure how it will work yet, will see after the patch is released, but just 2 objectives on just 1 map hardly makes this game changing

there is nothing wrong with hit detection ffs

Yes there IS a problem with hit detection, the fact you may not of experienced it does not mean others have not. The problem is most prevalent to bots, but is not exclusive to bots. It is mainly (again not always) when hip firing at very close range, using the sights reduces the issue, but it is still there

in my opinion, reducing the auto roles may sound nice but fixes nothing

it's nice that the company apparently have listened to a community request, but without real changes to the weapon handling and movement system, this will only make the fewer SMG guys to rule even more, considering they will face fewer threats now

there's nothing a rifleman can do in this game that a SMG can't do better, even at "large" distances

not that I'd vote for dumbing down the SMG's accuracy. But if I can move and run and jump and get shot and everything without getting any real penalty, more riflemen means more frags to me and will make me even less careful

You must just play against bots is all I can say, I have levelled up all my characters, except MG and Anti tank, to highly decorated, and nearly all of my weapons are on level 50 (on a real server btw not on bot farming servers) and the SMG does not own all other weapons, in fact the first weapons I levelled up were the 4 rifles, only then did I move on to the SMG's, if any weapon owns in this game it is the semi auto rifle, but it is still the most fun to play with a bolt

That is because the game is designed that way, once the axis capture the second floor, the allies have 60 seconds to recapture it or the reinforcements will be cut off. Think about it, your in a tower, the enemy hold the floors below you how do reinforcements get to you? Can't believe you say you love this map and yet still don't know how the map works...

Overall I think it is a great patch (well providing it all makes it to release) will be interesting to see the spawn protection working and not being in the line of fire as you spawn.

Weapon balances will make some happier, and if that encourages them to return to the game all well and good, personally I don't care what weapon people use, if your smart yo will still kill them.

What I would love to see though TWI is some additional content, I have played this game a lot, is still my fav game, I have nearly 400 hours in since the reset, maxed most things out. And so have seen the drop off in numbers etc, I can't cant help but feel is this is due to the lack of variety and substance in the game. The mechanics are good, the feel of movement and weapon handling are great. Just the 2 game types (Sorry but FF is so crap it does not count) and both of the are capture games, the only real difference is the lack of respawn. It needs true objective games like S&D etc, it needs the MP campaign, it needs new maps

Patches now only make current players happy, it will not draw other players back into the game or attract new ones, don't get me wrong TWI, I am really happy with your continued effort to make the game better, just passing on what I think you also need to concentrate on, regardless I will keep on playing and killing :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.