• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We are currently beta testing a new RO 2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D
Nice. I appreciate anything that will make bolt-action rifles a more desirable pick, but wouldn't a better fix simply be moving the Mkb/AVT to each team's Elite Rifleman, or another more limited class (though this would be even less realistic)? Unless I'm mistaken about what issue is being fixed here. I don't think a predominance of standard-issue SMGs (PPSh, MP40) is necessarily unrealistic for the setting (Stalingrad).

Oh well. Hopefully this works out.

---

That is a good point because the elite would be using the prototype weapons. Not some regular Joe Schmoe.

The veterans should be able to get enemy loadouts. Why? because they are veterans! They have been in battle and scrounged the field for weapons and ammo. Especially, autos.

Make it happen? :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
here's screenshots of the new class load outs on a FULL 64 player server
[url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649871686532099723/97E8EADE15F22A8B701D2AC2CCC2B1AEF08AE202/[/URL]
[url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649871686532098898/CC5C90146CB0C1C1E6F9E0900955F0BA899BFD39/[/URL]

I think germans need to lose another 2 assaults as right now the amount of assaults is even for both sides when soviets are supposed to have more.

Nah, well, if you go that rout then, battle hardened German rifleman should be able to get scrounged PPshes then. ;)

Upvote 0
^^ yeah that looks right...check your down-loads. The beta is a 900mb patch for ROHoS.

On the one server there, with bots, my fps seems a bit more stable (but it's hard to tell for sure without artillery etc)

I did run up to a Russian and unloaded a full PPsh magazine into him from 1 meter away. He stabbed me to death and kept going. So maybe close range hit detection still needs some work.
there is nothing wrong with hit detection ffs

Upvote 0
in my opinion, reducing the auto roles may sound nice but fixes nothing

it's nice that the company apparently have listened to a community request, but without real changes to the weapon handling and movement system, this will only make the fewer SMG guys to rule even more, considering they will face fewer threats now

there's nothing a rifleman can do in this game that a SMG can't do better, even at "large" distances

not that I'd vote for dumbing down the SMG's accuracy. But if I can move and run and jump and get shot and everything without getting any real penalty, more riflemen means more frags to me and will make me even less careful

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in my opinion, reducing the auto roles may sound nice but fixes nothing

it's nice that the company apparently have listened to a community request, but without real changes to the weapon handling and movement system, this will only make the fewer SMG guys to rule even more, considering they will face fewer threats now

there's nothing a rifleman can do in this game that a SMG can't do better, even at "large" distances

not that I'd vote for dumbing down the SMG's accuracy. But if I can move and run and jump and get shot and everything without getting any real penalty, more riflemen means more frags to me and will make me even less careful
This statement is largely dependent on player skill. I have no idea what you mean by "fewer threats". You must mean bots.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.