• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We are currently beta testing a new RO 2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    We are currently testing a new RO 2 build.

Add the following to the end of your target line of your steam start up shortcut:
    -beta orcred2

example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -beta orcred2

Change log:

Map Balance

- Reduced Elite Riflemen and Assault roles on all maps.

- Fixed various spawn camping issues on all maps.

- Apartments - Added additional allied spawn after capturing the first set of objectives

- Barracks - Fixed an exploit that allowed you to get into a wall

- Fallen Fighters - Added missing spawn on squad leader spawns to sewers and trenches

- Grain Elevator - Added a spawn for the Allies that is on the 4th floor. This for when the allies are defending the Foothold

- Spartanovka - Fixed an issues with spawn protection incorrectly showing up when one of the objectives was captured in the 16 player version. Also fixed an Allied spawn not working correctly on the 16 player version.

Performance/Stability
    - Reduced the fps hitch during first spawn
    - Improved the framerate smoothing video setting to give more stable FPS
    - Fixed memory spike when changing teams in the role selection menu
    - Improved physics performance (removing another cause of hitching)

Other
    - Fixed a wall exploit while leaning
    - Satchel objectives can now be 'captured' by destroying the target
    - Fixed getting kicked for idling if the server has set MaxIdleTime when reinforcements have run out, or when dead in countdown mode.
    - Fixed momentary green scope texture when taking over a bot with a sniper scope.
    - Fixed an bug where tank crew members would be invisible the first time they unhatch from the driver seat
    - Tank geometry should no longer disappear after being killed as a tank crewman
    - Several problems with the hero rank have been addressed (Enemy loadout weapons not showing up, losing hero status after death, UI refinements, etc...)
    - Launching the game the first time will add a setting, HUDTipsLevel, to ROGame.ini. Changing this will reduce the amount of text tips that appear on the HUD (0 - All Tips, 1 - Moderate Tips, 2 - Few Tips). Looking for feedback and later on we may add it as a menu option.

To leave the beta, remove the additional line from your steam shortcut and delete your RO 2 config files in mydocuments/mygames/ro2/config.

- Reduced Elite Riflemen and Assault roles on all maps.

Nice. I appreciate anything that will make bolt-action rifles a more desirable pick, but wouldn't a better fix simply be moving the Mkb/AVT to each team's Elite Rifleman, or another more limited class (though this would be even less realistic)? Unless I'm mistaken about what issue is being fixed here. I don't think a predominance of standard-issue SMGs (PPSh, MP40) is necessarily unrealistic for the setting (Stalingrad).

Oh well. Hopefully this works out.

---

Upvote 0
    First of all: good news !

Second, and I appologies for detracting the topic a bit, could someone give more details (here or on a pm) on these 2:
    - Satchel objectives can now be 'captured' by destroying the target
    - Launching the game the first time will add a setting, HUDTipsLevel, to ROGame.ini. Changing this will reduce the amount of text tips that appear on the HUD (0 - All Tips, 1 - Moderate Tips, 2 - Few Tips). Looking for feedback and later on we may add it as a menu option.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
    ^^ yeah that looks right...check your down-loads. The beta is a 900mb patch for ROHoS.

On the one server there, with bots, my fps seems a bit more stable (but it's hard to tell for sure without artillery etc)

I did run up to a Russian and unloaded a full PPsh magazine into him from 1 meter away. He stabbed me to death and kept going. So maybe close range hit detection still needs some work.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.