• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

We are currently beta testing a new RO 2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private Who?

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
HoS....not the HoS Beta. The patch is applied to your main ROHoS game, when you leave the beta (as Yosh describes above) the game will patch itself back and re-gen your config files.

Squad Leader

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2011
:D
Nice. I appreciate anything that will make bolt-action rifles a more desirable pick, but wouldn't a better fix simply be moving the Mkb/AVT to each team's Elite Rifleman, or another more limited class (though this would be even less realistic)? Unless I'm mistaken about what issue is being fixed here. I don't think a predominance of standard-issue SMGs (PPSh, MP40) is necessarily unrealistic for the setting (Stalingrad).

Oh well. Hopefully this works out.

---
That is a good point because the elite would be using the prototype weapons. Not some regular Joe Schmoe.

The veterans should be able to get enemy loadouts. Why? because they are veterans! They have been in battle and scrounged the field for weapons and ammo. Especially, autos.

Make it happen? :D

Last edited:

Squad Leader

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2011
here's screenshots of the new class load outs on a FULL 64 player server
[url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649871686532099723/97E8EADE15F22A8B701D2AC2CCC2B1AEF08AE202/[/URL]
[url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/649871686532098898/CC5C90146CB0C1C1E6F9E0900955F0BA899BFD39/[/URL]

I think germans need to lose another 2 assaults as right now the amount of assaults is even for both sides when soviets are supposed to have more.
Nah, well, if you go that rout then, battle hardened German rifleman should be able to get scrounged PPshes then. ;)

plex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2011
Tripwire, this is a great patch in progress! Well Done.

May i ask, will the Ping issues on 50+ player servers be fixed in a future patch?
I notice 200+ ping when there are many players on a server.

Thank you TWI.

plex

Destraex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 2, 2011
how do i know if the shortcut works?
What is the game version and where do I find it?

ernst_barkmann

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 15, 2006
Just had a quick play on your beta server and lost sound part way through playing (not on level start, just decided to go silent randomly again). Not sure if this is a recognised bug or not, but I've been getting this issue for weeks now.

Thanks for the continued dev work btw

ledurpy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 12, 2011
^^ yeah that looks right...check your down-loads. The beta is a 900mb patch for ROHoS.

On the one server there, with bots, my fps seems a bit more stable (but it's hard to tell for sure without artillery etc)

I did run up to a Russian and unloaded a full PPsh magazine into him from 1 meter away. He stabbed me to death and kept going. So maybe close range hit detection still needs some work.
there is nothing wrong with hit detection ffs

>F|R< CoMuNisTa

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 31, 2006
in my opinion, reducing the auto roles may sound nice but fixes nothing

it's nice that the company apparently have listened to a community request, but without real changes to the weapon handling and movement system, this will only make the fewer SMG guys to rule even more, considering they will face fewer threats now

there's nothing a rifleman can do in this game that a SMG can't do better, even at "large" distances

not that I'd vote for dumbing down the SMG's accuracy. But if I can move and run and jump and get shot and everything without getting any real penalty, more riflemen means more frags to me and will make me even less careful

Last edited:

plex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2011
@TWI

Maybe you should just allow the server admins to adjust the roles to their liking?

just a thought.

-plex

Private Who?

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
there is nothing wrong with hit detection ffs

im not saying it happens ALL the time, but when you walk in on a bot a spray him down...then he just walks right up and stabs you...

later on, non-beta...i played two rounds of ff and had quite a few very close range kills with no problems.

its weird like that, but oh well.

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Good now just remove rare weapon from assault class entirely and reduce hero to 1 slot only per side per server like ya said it would be ;).

Reactions: RoastinGhost

[Mad_Murdock]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 28, 2006
My god, this is amazing news! I'm gonna go check that out, do we have to use the command line, or does the beta launcher work?

psgchisolm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 10, 2011
in my opinion, reducing the auto roles may sound nice but fixes nothing

it's nice that the company apparently have listened to a community request, but without real changes to the weapon handling and movement system, this will only make the fewer SMG guys to rule even more, considering they will face fewer threats now

there's nothing a rifleman can do in this game that a SMG can't do better, even at "large" distances

not that I'd vote for dumbing down the SMG's accuracy. But if I can move and run and jump and get shot and everything without getting any real penalty, more riflemen means more frags to me and will make me even less careful
This statement is largely dependent on player skill. I have no idea what you mean by "fewer threats". You must mean bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.