• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We all need to help spread the word about ROO

jmz768

Apr 14, 2006
The only complaint with the game for me is the lack of people playing it. Yes there are some other minor issues, but the developers have shown that they're jumping on the as they are found so I'm not worried about them.

Their wasn't a lot of advertising about this game which means that their are countless gamers that would buy and love the game if only they knew about it. Everyone needs to spread the word, post on message boards, tell people in chat rooms, tell your friends. Anything we can do to help advertise the game will only make it more enjoyable for everyone.:rolleyes:

Well dont fortget that alot of ppl in europe are waiting for the retail box version as they dont want to get it via steam, so once it hits eurpoe im sure the ammount of ppl playing it will rise. Steam has already noted in an update message that they have noticed a big increase of ppl lookin at this game and the fact that a good huge community is now forming.
There is already a request on Clanbase for an RO ladder so the way i see it things are gonna get alot better soon.

Upvote 0
IMO this is one of those games that will grow in popularity over time rather than suffer the fate of a mad infulx of players on intial release (from the hype) who eventually dwindle away.

It will also not appeal to the masses who look for quick and easy kills to up their stats. It is game of "search and destroy" rather than "run and gun".

I keep spreading the word though..quit a few people I've talked to have heard of it but have no idea what it's like to play.

Upvote 0
Well I tried adding to the post at Rage3D pointing to one of the better posts here from someone who used to play CoD and how much they're enjoying RO:OST, but all I'm getting for responses are people complaining about the game: Jumping isn't good, that TW lied about the bullets dropping, etc...

The post is Here. Posts #49 and #51. I'm just a noob with this game and enjoy playing it so really can't argue against them that any of what they claim is broken in the game is accurate. Just hoped to drum up some more players for the game, but it's falling on deaf ears :D

Upvote 0
Well i havnt ventured online with it yet, still getting the feel of the weapons whilst shootin dumb bots lol. Tryin ta learn the maps aswell as i keep gettin lost on some hehehe.
Gotta say love how the tanks have been done, everything from movement n stuff feels realy authentic least it does ta me anyhow.
Showed some friends it in action today n they liked what they saw. like me they come from playin cod series n bf2.
I just love this game.

Upvote 0
BrYTaC said:
Well dont fortget that alot of ppl in europe are waiting for the retail box version as they dont want to get it via steam

I know many people here in Brazil that are also waiting for a boxed version.

Anyway RO has just been released and it's competing with well stablished games that have big companies behind with a lot of marketing.

I guess it will take some till we see many players around. After all, what makes lots of people play a game? a lot of people playing it :)

[]

fradim

Upvote 0
Well, there is a fair bit of marketing planned over the coming months...

Firstly, you'll see all the local distributors (as they come online) throw their weight behind it, in their local territories. We're guessing that we'll double the numbers once we get the boxes in-store across Europe.

Next, we're working with some of the big gaming leagues on competitions and ladders. There will be sponsorship (i.e. prizes) from Destineer as well as one or two other partners - details to be announced over the next few weeks.

We're also starting to get the reviews in, which all help spread the word - there are still a LOT of people who haven't heard of the game yet!

And we will also be running a demo version, as well as a (probably) a "free period" over Steam, similar to the ones that Valve have done before.

It should all mount up - but keep dragging your friends in :)

Upvote 0
roohopp.jpg
?

Upvote 0
Well, there is a thread over at the IWNation forum where one of the staff asks people to list the problems with the COD 2 patch, and if someone mentions they are not going to PLAY COD 2 anymore, many of the times they say they are moving on to RED ORCHESTRA OSTFRONT 41-45. Snuck one in there myself....:D

http://www.iwnation.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=21670

Upvote 0