• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WASD always stuttering my movement

wxsampson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone.

When I'm navigating my character around in KF2 I get constant stutter, like the game is repeatedly re-registering my W or S or whatever. I'm constantly inching forward in whatever direction, which makes the game comically unplayable. I've played in offline solo mode and this still happens, so I know it's know mere lag.

I installed the game yesterday for the first time so there isn't any point where this wasn't happening. I've adjusted my Windows 10 keyboard setting to very long delays and repeats too very short ones, but that seems to make no difference. There isn't any software to download associated with my keyboard.

I play DOOM on Steam as well and there is no problem there.

The keyboard is a Cooler Master Masterkeys S, Cherry Brown MX.

Any help appreciated!

wxsampson;n2301477 said:
Hi everyone.

When I'm navigating my character around in KF2 I get constant stutter, like the game is repeatedly re-registering my W or S or whatever. I'm constantly inching forward in whatever direction, which makes the game comically unplayable. I've played in offline solo mode and this still happens, so I know it's know mere lag.

I installed the game yesterday for the first time so there isn't any point where this wasn't happening. I've adjusted my Windows 10 keyboard setting to very long delays and repeats too very short ones, but that seems to make no difference. There isn't any software to download associated with my keyboard.

I play DOOM on Steam as well and there is no problem there.

The keyboard is a Cooler Master Masterkeys S, Cherry Brown MX.

Any help appreciated!

test changing your bindings from WASD to...anything. if the problem persists you know it isnt a mechanical problem with your keyboard.

Upvote 0
Reclusiarch;n2301600 said:
But if it was a mechanical problem then he wouldn't be able to play DOOM with the same key mapping I think. My bet is that he might have a controller plugged which conflicts with his keyboard.

yea good point, didnt read through it very well haha.

i cant really think of anything besides that, besides just some weird bug.

Below ill list some unlikely fixes.

1. verify integrity of game files.

2. try to run game at lowest settings.

3. update/reinstall video card drivers.

4. set your keyboard settings in windows 10 back to normal(besides stickykeys.)

all i got. besides that ive seen on the win10 reddit that alot of people have been having USB problems since recetn creators update, so maybe if on windows 10 check to see if windows has installed updates since the problem was discovered.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. Thanks for these suggestions and apologies for the delayed response.

I fixed the problem - I didn't know it at the time but my keyboard has some macro settings (1x, 2x, 3x, 4x) that specify, I suppose, key repeat times or rates. I set the keyboard to 1x repeat, and this solved the problem!

I'm not sure why DOOM had no problem but KF2 did, I suppose it's just how the software is written whether it registers this macro or not. In any case thanks again for the help.

Reactions: oldmidget
Upvote 0
wxsampson;n2301814 said:
Hi everyone. Thanks for these suggestions and apologies for the delayed response.

I fixed the problem - I didn't know it at the time but my keyboard has some macro settings (1x, 2x, 3x, 4x) that specify, I suppose, key repeat times or rates. I set the keyboard to 1x repeat, and this solved the problem!

I'm not sure why DOOM had no problem but KF2 did, I suppose it's just how the software is written whether it registers this macro or not. In any case thanks again for the help.

glad it got fixed, good luck on the floor.

Upvote 0

Please can you explain your fixing of the game cause, I also have the same problem for Tom clancy's Splinter cell Blacklist

Upvote 0