• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Was anyone able to perform a parry?

Its when they are vulnerable and you tail whip them.
It's not a parry, that's why it was never mentioned. For a parry to exist, the player must perform some type of guard or evasion. In ManEater, if an enemy tries to hit you and misses, there's an opening for critical damage or to grapple (aka thrash), the same happens if you get hit, and whether you move or stay still. So the timed opening isn't useless, you just have to learn how to exploit it. Each enemy varies in this respect which will make it fun for speedrunners.

The timed openings are before or after an animal attacks and happens whether you press anything or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goblin Shark
Upvote 0
Each enemy varies in this respect which will make it fun for speedrunners.
Exploiting that vulnerable window is key to making a fight shorter
IMO the alligator is the easiest in that regard and at the other end the Orca is by far the hardest
I haven't figured out how to predict which attack the Orca will use, which could save me a minute or two on a run
I'm still trying to find any and small details about the game that I can use so I can get a time under 2 hours

Upvote 0
Exploiting that vulnerable window is key to making a fight shorter
IMO the alligator is the easiest in that regard and at the other end the Orca is by far the hardest
I haven't figured out how to predict which attack the Orca will use, which could save me a minute or two on a run
I'm still trying to find any and small details about the game that I can use so I can get a time under 2 hours
Here is my video, it may help :)

Upvote 0