• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Warhammer Online

Panzer Meyer

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 26, 2005
North Cacilaci
Just wondering, is anyone remotely interested in Warhammer online? I am, I've never played the board or miniature's games, I did play a little of the RTS, so I know a little about the story.

I am tired of WoW, same damn thing, this seems promising, the features being included in the game, the RvR action seems like a great concept and many other features. Plus the world of Warhammer is kick *** to say the least.

Anyway, back to the original question...yes, no?

To me it definitely looks and sounds more interesting than WoW, the Warhammer universe is a very interesting one indeed. Hopefully this might have more involvement with story elements as well.

Whenever I've read or watched a video on this there's always a lot of mention about massive battles with siege weaponry and such, which sounds great but I dunno how well it could be pulled off in an MMO.

Upvote 0
Coming from an RPG background of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and having dabbled a little in the minis, I'm rather disappointed by the decisions that were taken during the Storm of Chaos campaign and the way the setting's evolved.

Well, I played The Enemy Within campaign line (sans the initial eponymic scenario) with my original gaming group all those years ago and most of us found the atmospheric, non-explicitly acion-oriented elements to be the biggest hitter (like The Shadows over Bogenhafen scenario, or the Power behind the Throne; Death on Reik's road story part was great fun, too). I somehow doubt that this is the way this one will evolve and that it's going to be heavily influenced by the miniatures game. To me the minis setting emphasises camp elements a little more than the roleplaying setting does (Dwarf choppers, anyone?), so that's a tiny disappointment.

But yeah, I'm eagerly waiting for this one. I'm hoping there's going to be some good RP servers and... well, time will tell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To me it definitely looks and sounds more interesting than WoW, the Warhammer universe is a very interesting one indeed. Hopefully this might have more involvement with story elements as well.

Whenever I've read or watched a video on this there's always a lot of mention about massive battles with siege weaponry and such, which sounds great but I dunno how well it could be pulled off in an MMO.

Mythic pulled it off well with Dark Age of Camelot and from secret mystical sources it will be pulled off well once again in WAR.

Upvote 0