• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

War Of The Worlds Mod.

Nathan Bay

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
The Moon

All right, im serious about this guys. Imm gonna make a war of the worlds mod with tripods for the alien team and regular military/earth **** for the human team. Now, i don think i will make new maps but just use the old ones such as ARAD. In fact, that might be the only level for it. But imagine a Gigantic Tripod with Cannon launchers and machine guns. It would be scary yet amazingly fun...

Im gonna do this even if it kills me......

No, the humans wont get any mech walkers but...., what they will get, is a secret weapon im currently working on. It can kill the tripod in 3 hits im thinking and while other normal vehicles will take around 10. Im also thinking that their should be only 1 tripod mainly because it might lagg the server up Along with a few other alien vehicles. Tripod may be a 2 seater. one controlling the driving and another shooting. Their wont be any flying vehicles either. Soo pretty much, this is a small mod but going to be a very fun one.................If it works......and it will.

Upvote 0
Next they'll want to do a 10,000 yrs. B.C.......

Cro-magnon vs. Java Man

Cro-mag vs. Sabre tooth vs. Wooly Mammoth.....who will win the skins? Will they survive to bring the meat back to the cave? Cap zones are water holes and carrion sites.....

I'M FRIGGIN KIDDING, YOU GOOBERS!!!!:eek:

Oooops....shouldnt have opened my mouth....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Next they'll want to do a 10,000 yrs. B.C.......

Cro-magnon vs. Java Man

Cro-mag vs. Sabre tooth vs. Wooly Mammoth.....who will win the skins? Will they survive to bring the meat back to the cave? Cap zones are water holes and carrion sites.....

I'M FRIGGIN KIDDING, YOU GOOBERS!!!!:eek:

Oooops....shouldnt have opened my mouth....

I just lol'd uncontrollably ..

Upvote 0
This mod is gonna be out sooner than you think......Ive already modelled the tripod. But all i need now is something for the humans side so they have a fighting chance. If you guys have any suggestions, im all ears! But dont say **** like mech walkers ...lol, The tripods are suppossed to be the only walking vehicle!!!

Also, to fill in more information, im not going to model any aliens, so i guess the germans will use the tripods. Im trying to make this a quick mod so pretty much only vehicles are the new things. What is better than a tripod? nothing....

But still, give me ideas for a secret human vehicle to match the gigantic walker!

"the biggest problem I would have iwth sticking something tall like a walker on a stock map is you'd see alot of things you weren't meant to see"

Im not sure what im gonna do about this. maybe the walkers will be as big as the trees....so you cant see over it.

Upvote 0