• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Want to up the ante in experiance that is Rising Storm?

Want to up the ante in experiance that is Rising Storm?

• YES

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • NO

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

lone wolf

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 8, 2015
Hi. This is a polite suggestion for the developers if you are reading this.

I have accumulated a lot of hours playing Rising Storm and it is one of the best realistic FPS out there. Truth be told there arent even many other games out there that are realistic shooters if you exclude ARMA series. Therefore its even more important for us who play such a games for the devs to listen and respond to us.

What eventually drives me away from playing this game is the rushing "mechanics" and COD style gameplay in certain scenarios. Let me give you 3 most (realistic) gameplay damaging examples:

1. super fast running speeds with hero status
2. unrealistic amount of certain weapons
3. spawning on squad leader

Now if you change those things to be like this:

1. normal speed with hero status level, while lower experiance levels give less speed obviously. Add dynamic speed like it is in IOM mod. :cool:

2. remove excessive amount of SMGs on japanese side to authentic levels and remove flamethrowers from US defensive maps.

3. eliminate this feature on realism type of gameplay and move it to action where it belongs. If people want to play COD style gameplay with superhuman sodiers let them play action mode. For us who enjoy realism we would like you to accept this ideas I gave you and fix this please as soon as possible!

I am 100% sure that majority of players who play on realism will agree with this. Its no brainer really. Why would you insist on having the things like they are now if they can easily be improved with a small patch?

It will literally take you MINUTES to change this and we would be able to enjoy this game so much more - as it was meant to be played! Its a win-win situation. So please TWI can you reply to this message for the benefit of all the players who play realism mode? It would be a damn shame if things are left as they are now!

Btw I know I could just go and play IOM mod then but unfortunately this mod is not really what I prefer - too much recoil and crazy loud grenade explosions ruin gameplay for me.

Sorry but Ro2 is not a realistic game and it will never be.

You just have to look at the engine to convince you about that.

Ro2 is a tactical first personnal shooter with a realistic approach and that's it, it is exactly between COD and ARMA and it have already suffer of many complains to make it more like one or the other, it's action and classic mods which are never played anymore while it tooks devs many hours of work instead of fixing major game issues.

Upvote 0
narios. Let me give you 3 most (realistic) gameplay damaging examples:

1. 8% increase? not even noticeable.
2. Gameplay over the nonsensical term 'realistic', if you want less weapons make a case for it based on a logical argument i.e "I prefer more rifles for x gameplay reason" then people can challenge you, using 'realistic' makes it look like you're appealing to an authority.
3. A great feature that helps lessen the repetitiveness of running from spawn all the time, great in Forgotten Hope, great feature all around.

Upvote 0
Classic mode died because ppl though that realistic is the best option for well "realistic" gameplay. Also classic doesnt have weapon progression which is major turnoff for many people, there is no bandaging and it used to have very slow running speeds.

Regarding weapons quantity, irl japanese didnt have so many smgs avaible as it is portrayed in game so thats the reason i said they should lower the amount.

Spawning on SL is good for fast gameplay but silly and takes away from immersion. SL should lead squad, instead of cowering and act as mobile spawn point! On top of this, it negates the effect of you killing an enemy at certain spot, because he will quickly respawn near battle again and knew where you are. It takes away a lot of immersion and hurts tactical gameplay, instead it promotes rush fest. Obviously ppl like you prefer action style gameplay and this thread is not meant for such a peoples.

Upvote 0
Classic mode died because ppl though that realistic is the best option for well "realistic" gameplay. Also classic doesnt have weapon progression which is major turnoff for many people, there is no bandaging and it used to have very slow running speeds.

Not quite. If anything Classic was released, people tried that and thought "Nah, screw this" and just went back to the regular realism mode. There are tons of modes in the game, including Firefight, Countdown and S&D. People stick with what they know and I doubt people AT LARGE i.e. the silent majority would want their game suddenly changed because some guy on a forum had a subjective opinion on how the game should be. I could imagine if Tripwire did change the game around at this point the current player-base would be up in arms over the changes as their game of choice suddenly transformed for... reasons.
Classic mode does have player progression though, but it does not show up in classic games.

Obviously ppl like you prefer action style gameplay and this thread is not meant for such a peoples.

Not sure who that is aimed at, but I would prefer it if all the servers were classic. They are not, so I just cope with it.

Upvote 0

All these can be done already with server settings, but the problem for public servers is that these settings will make server unranked.

These settings are used in competitive matches (see ro2arena.com and ro2league.com). In RO2 League matches class rank and weapon level is capped, automatic weapons are limited and there is no spawn on SL. That's the way how competitive teams like it.

Upvote 0
While I agree with your suggestions, the same have been made since the game was released, Classic never caught on and IOM is played by a very small minority. The majority has spoken over and over with their feet and prefer the style of gameplay that RO2/RS now provides. Those that would rather have a different style of play have either long since left or like me, just shrug and play it as it is and wait for other options.

Upvote 0