• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Want to start logging your Ostfront mod ideas?

Panzers that don't get halted by things that real tanks run over or through without any problem.

Picket fences that let you shoot coax MG rounds through the gaps to get to the soft squishy enemy infantry crawling behind them.

Buildings that start to come apart when HE rounds from artillery or tanks hit them.

A bolt action rifle that doesn't automatically return to iron sight view when I fire then chamber a new round.

A prone position that lets me raise up to kneel without having to go first to standing then back to kneel.

Customized skins!

Shockingly beautiful St. Pauli Girl lookalike Frauleins that bring me cold beer, give me tender kisses and giggles while they play with my RitterKreuz, and finger paint new kill rings on my Panzer's main gun tube after I have once again saved der Fatherland from the Communist horde.

Upvote 0
Aleksandr said:
I've yet to play a game that has had functioning mortars. Not an effect, but players actually controlling the distance and "walking in" on enemy positions with their fire. If that's in this game I'll be even more overjoyed. But I feel it'd add a new level of tactical planning.

Really? Have you never heard of a game called Joint Operations:Typhoon Rising and it's expansion pack Escalation? Mortars are your only form of functioning artillery support in this game and you very much have to control your shots or have them painted with a target designator.

On topic, I would like to see them maybe add an Oder river crossing map to RO, by all accounts it was one of the most savage battles on the eastern front. I know it would involve modeling barges and boats but what a battle it could be!

Upvote 0