• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Wall problems

Albull

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 21, 2013
Hey everyone,

Would appreciate it if anyone can help me here :x I am having an issue with my walls in UnrealEd and can't figure out for the life of me how to fix it. (Please see screenshot attachment)

As you can see, my walls are not visible, they are there. If this was just happening in UnrealEd it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is this is happening in game too. (Please see other screenshot again)

I am not sure how to make it so, if I go into that alley, All my other walls are visible. If someone could tell me what I did wrong here, or how to fix it, I would highly appreciate it. Will give more info if needed :x

Thanks,

Albull

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
  • problem2.jpg
    problem2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1
to me it looks like you added a room between two others at a later stage which means you used subtract and it removed the walls all you have to do is undo this by deleting the subtract room you placed between and rebuild your map to get the walls back then just make the room again and use add instead of subtract. I had this issue before let me know if you understand and if it fixes it

Upvote 0
Hey,

could be fake backdrop is enabled on those surfaces, while in editor press "K" (?) to disable the skybox, then select those surfaces and check their properties.
My walls do not have fake backdrop enabled. only the ones in the alley way are fake backdrop. Just to be sure I have just double checked them, and there is no properties selected. (added a screenshot).

Just to add to my previous points, I don't know if this helps, but the wall works from the other side. (Added another screenshot)

to me it looks like you added a room between two others at a later stage which means you used subtract and it removed the walls all you have to do is undo this by deleting the subtract room you placed between and rebuild your map to get the walls back then just make the room again and use add instead of subtract. I had this issue before let me know if you understand and if it fixes it
I'm not sure I 100% understand, but I didn't add a room in between two others. I added a room outside the previous one, then used subtract to create a hole for a door. but that's about all I did. Was this the wrong way to do it, and I will I have to restart my map?

Thanks,

Albull

*Edit* Just to add, I have now tried what was suggested to me. It didn't work, With help the room was even remade to no avail. *Edit*

*Edit* I would just like to say the problem is fixed. It turns out I was building my rooms incorrectly *Facepalm* Thank for the help though. *Edit*

Attachments

• OtherSide.jpg
    OtherSide.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Properties.jpg
    Properties.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • WholeMap.jpg
    WholeMap.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0