• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Waffen ss skins

Kaminski

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
I've been meaning to put some effort and time into these models for a long time now, had a little spare time this morning so put in a little more detail, mainly on the ss badges, it still needs some work on the gaiters, but its almost done. So, if anyone who has the skills, or knows how to get new player characters in game would like to help me implement them as a mutator, I'll happily make a few more variants. Any interested parties please PM me. Thanks

06-03-201311-31-14_zpsd5bc03d8.png

06-03-201311-26-34_zps47f777f7.png

06-03-201311-29-27_zps540077e7.png

06-03-201311-27-34_zps7c1ed8f7.png

Last edited:
Well strangley enough, its a Nordland cuff title on the model, although it could be anything we want, also, I've tried to make these look late war rather than 1942. I think Nordland division was some kind of descendent from Viking division, some connection anyway, I'm not too sure.

06-03-201313-36-13_zpse352403c.png

Upvote 0
Some SS-Totenkopf ones would be awesome too. You'd just need to redo the cuff title and steal the skull insignias of the tank crewman skins.

Hell, you could make Grossdeutschland skins also. You'd just need the GD on the shoulder boards and the Grossdeutschland cuff title and stick them on the vanilla Wehrmacht skins. If I knew how to skins I would totally do this. Are there any tutorials out there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ideas guys, I'm not trying to make early war models here though, these are meant to be mid to late war looking. The good news is that I've had an offer of help to get these in game, so a mutator may not be too long away. However, the first model will be a real simple one using the TW wireframes and just a new texture with minimal modelling on my part, I'll let you know how things go over the next few days.:)

Upvote 0
I'm not going to put up a poll, but if there are any preferences for the cuff titles, let me know, Hohenstaufen for instance fought on both the Eastern and Western fronts, but only dates from 1943, I'm not that bothered personally, here's your choices, and the one that gets the most preferences will be the one we choose.

NumberDivision nameEthnic originLast commanderYears activeDivisional insigniaMaximum manpower1st"Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler"GermanSS-Brigadef

Upvote 0