• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Waffen ss skins

Kleist

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2009
Deutschland
Great, have seen it already in my workshop :D

little historical note: There was no Erbsentarn helmet cover available. The Waffen-SS use the Eichentarn scheme for their helmets (when they wearing Erbsentarn)

And I

calgar4195

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2012
Those look great! However, there are a few little issues from an authenticity perspective. First, the 44 dot pattern was never made into a helmet cover. The Waffen SS had oak leaf pattern covers of all sorts but never 44 dot. It is also rare to see insignia like the SS runes tabs on the 44 dot uniform. It was issued as an over uniform, designed to be worn on top of a soldiers wool uniform and, as a result, did not carry over all of the insignia practices of other tunics. The shoulder boards and sleve eagle were both seen in use, however, never at the same time. The earlier uniforms had attachments for the shoulder boards, but did not have the sleeve eagle. The later uniforms were the exact opposite, with a sleeve eagle but no loops for collar tabs.

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Yup good work, although its quite right there never were any erbsentarn helmet covers, if you want to send me your peadot 44 jacket texture I'll combine it with the long trousers, gaiters and helmet cover as a variation :) and we can work on this together.

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Thanks Moskeeto, got your texture, I'll combine it with mine tomorrow and post a couple of pics:)

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Hey Dibler. Here's an upload for the smock variant model, the textures are now changed to smock blurred edge, the shoulder boards and cuff titles removed, new spec and normal map, be nice to see them, in game, you need to change the model loadouts as the shoulder boards are contained on those models and we don't want them showing on the smocks. Also, toned down the helmet cover.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23876113/Waffen+SS+exporter+file.rar

Last edited:

dibbler67

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Texas
Hey Dibler. Here's an upload for the smock variant model, the textures are now changed to smock blurred edge, the shoulder boards and cuff titles removed, new spec and normal map, be nice to see them, in game, you need to change the model loadouts as the shoulder boards are contained on those models and we don't want them showing on the smocks. Also, toned down the helmet cover.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23876113/Waffen+SS+exporter+file.rar
Thanks Kaminski!

Thelionheart

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 6, 2012
In game the camo seemed to... not fit into the game. I don't know what it was, whether it was too bright, or too "clean" or what, but I took a screen shot and edited it to make it look better (to me at least).

Before

After

I have no idea if that is historically accurate or not, but I think it blends into the environment a bit better. Again, I'm not entirely sure why I feel like the camo doesn't "fit in", so this is my best effort at trying to make the camo "fit".

Last edited:

zac

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2011
The darker one is more correct, if only i could get the skins to work through the workshop or something, want these so bad :(

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Thanks Dibbler, got your PM, I'll contact the guy about making the fallschirmjager skins and models, glad to hear you're almost there with a final release on the ss ones.

Kleist

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2009
Deutschland
Is it possible to create a Waffen-SS skin with boots, too?

So the RO2 standard skin just with SS insignias? (And the como or moskeetos SS helmet - with SS runes and without the swastika?)

That would be great, too :cool:

roeland666

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2010
Netherlands
I like the mod! But on maps like Appartments, Wehrmacht and Waffen SS soldiers are fighting along side each other, IMO it would be nicer not to mix the both of them. I would love to see to fight with just the Wehrmacht on one map and on the another map with the Waffen SS. Same for the winter uniforms. I really like them but IMO it would be nicer to just do the greatcoat(and perhaps some with no greatcoat) and the Hero jacket and not to mix it with the Flecktern although some helmet cover is nice. So you would have one map with the camo and other map not.
Sorry for bad English