• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Waffen ss skins

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
I've been meaning to put some effort and time into these models for a long time now, had a little spare time this morning so put in a little more detail, mainly on the ss badges, it still needs some work on the gaiters, but its almost done. So, if anyone who has the skills, or knows how to get new player characters in game would like to help me implement them as a mutator, I'll happily make a few more variants. Any interested parties please PM me. Thanks

Last edited:

Catalavos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Great work! If you could work up some SS-Wiking armbands they would fit nicely into the overall theme of the game (meaning the greater Operation Blau/Stalingrad/Caucusus campaign).

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Well strangley enough, its a Nordland cuff title on the model, although it could be anything we want, also, I've tried to make these look late war rather than 1942. I think Nordland division was some kind of descendent from Viking division, some connection anyway, I'm not too sure.

Giuliano

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
Some SS-Totenkopf ones would be awesome too. You'd just need to redo the cuff title and steal the skull insignias of the tank crewman skins.

Hell, you could make Grossdeutschland skins also. You'd just need the GD on the shoulder boards and the Grossdeutschland cuff title and stick them on the vanilla Wehrmacht skins. If I knew how to skins I would totally do this. Are there any tutorials out there?

Last edited:

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Well talking of Totenkopf insignia, I've had this M43 feldmutze, field cap, lying around my desk top for a long time, so I thought I'd texture it up too and see how it looks, here you go.

Last edited:

ltpato

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 16, 2012
Totally awesome !!!!!!!! <3 I've always waited for someone to do some SS skins :D

Last edited:

AussiePariah

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 1, 2012
Now we just need these skins up against US soldiers once RS comes out, for some western front action.

Last edited:

Freak1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
You should make version without cuff titles for modders, after all they werent so common.

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Last one for a while got Grabenkrieg stuff to make, here's a varient with the iconic waffen ss smock. Still not quite finished, but its getting there!

Last edited:

Giuliano

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
Technically, the SS are as well but the custom maps more than make up for that.

Hardcore Hartzer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 26, 2013
You could use the tank crew man hat and just retexture it with field grey. The Wehrmacht and SS wore them when there was no specific order to wear a stahlhelm. So some tough guys were fighting with it. :)

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Thanks for the ideas guys, I'm not trying to make early war models here though, these are meant to be mid to late war looking. The good news is that I've had an offer of help to get these in game, so a mutator may not be too long away. However, the first model will be a real simple one using the TW wireframes and just a new texture with minimal modelling on my part, I'll let you know how things go over the next few days.:)

ltpato

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 16, 2012
I would love you forever if I you found a way to get them into the game <3

Giuliano

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
Is there a way to limit the skins to certain maps? I remember in RO1 when you downloaded a map the skins came along with it.

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
I'm not going to put up a poll, but if there are any preferences for the cuff titles, let me know, Hohenstaufen for instance fought on both the Eastern and Western fronts, but only dates from 1943, I'm not that bothered personally, here's your choices, and the one that gets the most preferences will be the one we choose.

NumberDivision nameEthnic originLast commanderYears activeDivisional insigniaMaximum manpower1st"Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler"GermanSS-Brigadef

Giuliano

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2011
LAH, Das Reich and Totenkopf are a must. Wiking maybe?

Grossdeutschland weren't SS, but they had a cool insignia and cuff title none the less.

Put those on the vanilla uniform and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Kaminski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 1, 2009
Managed to put a little more detail on these models, with the boots and gaitors, nearly done, with regard to a choice of unit, I think Wiking Division, would be my personal choice, simply because of the multi national makeup of the division.