• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Votekick abuse and server rules.

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
With the new votekick system it makes it far easier for the players to get rid of troublemakers.

But it also makes it far easier for the troublemakers to abuse.

So for the server operstors I would highly advise making Votekick abuse a rule. And something you enforce harshly. Things like Votekicking somebody for skill or votekicking over a disagreement. In other words whenever somebody votekicks for something that isn't against the rest of your rules.

I am an official server moderator for the game chivalry medieval warfare which has a similar votekick system. How and how not to use the votekick system has been pretty much drilled into everyone's heads due to very public displays by moderators whenever somebody does in fact misuse the votekick system. Warning abusers has a very low success chance of actually working on the long run. So instead we mostly have to do no warning band which are short/easily appealed. That's up to your preferenfe and often a no warning session ban will do. But we always end up stating we have zero tolerance for votekick abuse so the 32 or in this case 64 other people on the server get the message. And it has greatly reduced votekick abuse in that game.

So I advise a similar course of action by server admins in this game.

The majority of people in this community wouldn't have had access to such tools before. So punishing them for misusing it and teaching them when to use the votekick system is for the best.

I also advise not stopping legitmate Votekicks even if you the admin are online. Bad reputation for you and if they use it properly then they should almlst be praised. But letting them use it properly means of they are no admins on the server they won't hesitate to sort out the issue themselves. Which is a good thing.

Yes there's plenty of issues with the current implementation of the votekick system. But that's a topic for anther thread. What I really want to see is admins making sure people use it for the right reasons. As it helps the global community stay healthy.