• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vosh Vault & Crafting rework

Kosake

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2015
Germany
Well, since the last ideas & suggestions went down the digital drain, here we go again...

1. Vosh Vault
Right now, the ever-growing stacks of Vosh dont seem to do all that much. You see a growing number that serves no purpose. Instead of awarding a random crate every 500k, i would suggest implementing a Vosh-Shop, where you can buy cosmetics & skins with your stored Vosh cash. You still have a sort of rarity control by making certain items more expansive than say, your x-teenth headband. Also, i have about 130 unused vosh tokens, which bring me to...

2. Crafting system
It would be quite favourable, if you could actually control what you craft. It's not like you can grind that stuff, getting enough stuff to recycle takes a while. Spending (especially "rare" and upwards) tokens on a skin that is a) battle-scarred and b) rubbish in the first place is just adding insult to injury. I would really appreciate if you could change the system away from the whims of RNG and towards something controllable. Also, on the topic of battle-scarred skins...

3. Skin Quality
I have no idea who thought that damaged skins look good and would be nice to have. Some of those are so worn, it's hard to tell what the skin was supposed to be in the first place. So, I would suggest to either get rid of it and fix skins at the "Mint" level or have a way to change the Skin towards any quality you want by spending a single crafting token.

I am the first to aknowledge that nothing on this list is particularly high priority stuff, but it might do some good for the long-term motivation.

To make the vault system more rewarding we would need to lock down the vault system more tightly, which is not something we are currently prepared to do for KF 2. This would mean things like only being able to earn rewards in servers Tripwire controlled and us running those official servers.

For the other two, these have been points of discussion among the team over time, that while they may appear simple would require major rewrites of core functionality.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2329756 said:
To make the vault system more rewarding we would need to lock down the vault system more tightly, which is not something we are currently prepared to do for KF 2. This would mean things like only being able to earn rewards in servers Tripwire controlled and us running those official servers.

For the other two, these have been points of discussion among the team over time, that while they may appear simple would require major rewrites of core functionality.

Fair enough, I see how some sort of perma-objective map could possibly cause an uncontrolled vosh flow that would make the vosh shop basically broken.
Then again, what sort of function does that nice vault menu in the game serve, that wouldn't be equally well represented by a second "exp-bar" until your next drop? Looking at a couple dozen europaletts with green paper on them doesn't exactly do much for me. No kink shaming, just not exactly my cup of tea, you know..?

Yes, they would require some functionality rewrite. As opposed to a carbon copy of what CounterStrike and Team Fortress 2 had implemented for a decade or so by now. Sorry if that sounds more bitter and agressive than it is, but I can't imagine a lot of thought went into this beyond "hey, let's just copy that and call it a day". Again, as I said, this isn't exactly the most important aspect of the game, but I would still like to see it tackled some day.

Upvote 0