• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Volume Issues?

TyeckC

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2020
I have followed this game for a while and just got it yesterday seeing as it was on sale. The game is fantastic and I am really enjoying it, but the overall sound is WAY too quiet. I will transition from other games with deafening volume levels and then go to Rising Storm 2 and it will sound like I'm wearing earplugs.

I have tried editing the game's audio config. files in the ROEngine.ini, but with no luck. I wanted to know if any one else was having this issue, and any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I have. A gunshot from 10m away sounds like it's distant. Though the first-person sounds are approrpiately loud. Footsteps and such, grenades bouncing, all sound fine. Just 3p gunshots. I posted about it quite a while ago but it didn't seem to be a common issue. I switched motherboards and get this with 2 different headsets, one 3.5mm and the other USB.

Upvote 0