• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Volume for faster ZED movement

I'm thinking just the ground speed. I don't want them to wiggle about too much. How easy it is to score headshots should still be more or less determined by the difficulty setting. I just need them to get to places faster. If it looks like they're ice-skating a bit because the animations don't quite match their speed that's ok. I don't care.

This effect should affect them only while they're inside the volume.

Upvote 0
It's certainly possible. I guess it's just a case of scaling the specimen's speed (based on its OriginalGroundSpeed variable) when it enters the volume. I'm not sure on the specifics though since I've never worked with volumes. Hopefully ro_sauce can figure it out. :)

Movement animations are automatically scaled based on the difference between the current and default GroundSpeed (ie. give it a movement speed 50% higher than the default and the animations will play 50% faster)

Upvote 0
the approach i'm taking is trying to add the classblocker function from blockingvolume, that way you can choose what pawns the volume affects (be it kfhumanpawn or kfmonster) to a physics volume

so basically extending from phys vol with class array, but i'm going through the physicsvolume code first, in case the linear movement functions from that might work.

otherwise i'll try to extend from volume, add class array, and hopefully a processtouch would work for modifying groundspeed.

do you want the volume to move them somewhere fast? (linear velocity)
or do you want them to decide where to move fast? (groundspeed)

Upvote 0