• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VNTE-CambodianIncursion Feedback and Suggestions

Played it (by accident, joined a server running it and loaded it that way) for a little bit this past Saturday. I do really like/appreciate the deep jungle feel to it, my only suggestion would be to smooth out some of the hills/peaks. I ended up falling to my death more than a few times in the midst of fighting with the enemy.

Upvote 0
XeonEvolved;n2298812 said:
Playing ver PA4LM
1. Able to get on C courtyard roof via wall near C-stairway
2. VC spawn on D, selecting spawn 2 spawns in tunnels north D when spawn shows NE of point
3. Rocks just outside north C wall have no collision
4. No lockdown for A,B? Round lasted until attacking US had no tickets

so actually a,b are pretty easy to take with a half decent team, and in the new version the americans could take d and e a few times too... tomorrow i will have an updated version. maybe not on steam but on onedrive for sure... after that the next alphaversion (Alpha2 will come in 2-4 days)

Upvote 0
AKAShady;n2298645 said:
Hi Guys
Need your help getting this map on our server

I have the following but cannot get the map to load....it just reverts back to a stock map

[VNTE-CambodianIncursion ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=VNTE-CambodianIncursion
FriendlyName=CambodianIncursion
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:VN_UI_Textures.MapPreviews.UI_MapPreview_CuChi>
Description=To Be Completed
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Community
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType64=ROMT_InfantryOnly
Author=Antimatter Games

Where am I going wrong?

i think the map name is VNTE-CambodianIncursion_pa2

Upvote 0
Para941;n2299561 said:
Thought about that but atm not an option as long not every serverowner uses the sws redirect

Well that is self-perpetuating.
The Steam Workshop redirect was put forward by TWI as a solution to help mappers get their content to severs.
But its your map, you do what you like to spread interest in it from server admins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man, I posted a thread on reddit about your map.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rs2vietnam/comments/6lk326/cambodian_incursion_custom_map/

You have created by far and away the best custom map for RS2 by far, its that impressive. I just had 64 players give it a shot both sides and the feedback was amazing. I absolutely love the steepness of the map. If TW or AMG haven't approached you within a month, I would be very surprised.

This map is amazing and I thank you for the fun you have provided me.

P.s I even found the alien in the waterfall :)

Upvote 0
Ok All server Admins:

I am going to upload a new version to steam now. That will be the last name change on my map for steam, so the redirect works fine. Make sure you adapt your config files etc to it. The name will be CambodianIncursionSteam.roe . Also the sws redirect is referring to the filename it's first setup with... So if nothing else helps remove everything incl. the sws redirect and add it after a restart. the filename wont change anymore

Upvote 0
tman29th;n2299966 said:
Hi, I'm planning on hosting this map on Finnish community server [rs2.fi] Komppania Törni (88.194.145.228:7777) on upcoming Saturday for our community custom maps event. When is the next version due and are there certain aspects you're looking to get feedback on?

So there might be one new version this week but not totally sure. havent had time to work on it last week. So not much progression. Anyways I am targeting a weekly release on monday mornings Central European (Summer) Time. Althought as I just said not this week just yet. Need some feedback on how the rounds played out (so who and why the team won, Reinforcements and Time remaining).

I am currently working on E to make it more viable to defend and to make it look more realistic :) If I get that done I might release a new versionthis week... Need to also add some jungle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0