• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vista and Steam Problems

Boz

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2006
Florida
I have been having a problem lately that is pretty annoying....not sure where to turn to, so I will start here.

Problem: Upon exiting a game, Red Orchestra seems to hang and uses a huge amount of my RAM and will not let go. I can't even stop the application from the Task Manager. This also effects Steam in general as I can no longer restart RO or any other Steam game. I also can't stop the Steam application in the task manager as well. Sometimes I will get a Windows error that says RO did not exit correctly and it will check for a solution, sometimes it will not. To correct this I have to completely reboot the machine and then it will work fine until I exit a game again. This problem did not start until I upgraded my system to Vista. Any ideas??

System:
Windows Vista: 32Bit SP1
Asus Mobo 8N32 Deluxe
8800GT (I know there seems to be a problem with this card and RO, but I have not seen it on my system and this does not seem to be a video related problem)
2 Gigs of RAM
Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic