• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Viewports: Distorted/fuzzy/black view

Slyk

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
www.after-hourz.com
I attempted to open the editor recently after not using it for several weeks. I have not made any changes to my system. What I got was a distorted viewport where at first the desktop showed through where the grid should be. Closing and opening new veiwports did not help and at times the viewport would turn from the desktop to a fuzzy/multi-colored snow effect like on a bad tv channel to a pure black screen. PC restarts did not solve the problem.

I attempted to screenshot the issue and when pasting the shot to a graphic editor, the screenshot was perfect...the grid showed, the tools, everything just as it "should" be. Loading stock maps, custom maps, etc and nothing will work. Remember, no changes were made to the PC config. The only thing on programs was the download of MN via Steam and recent Steam updates. Seems like a graphic card/driver potential issue but I don't want to start chucking stones at unknown solutions just yet.

Thoughts? Ideas? Similar experiences?

Thanks!

I havent had that problem.
I have been constantly using SDK for last 6months, through the MN etc updates and Steam server changes... So im (Total) guessing, but isnt there an .ini fiile for SDK?. or perhaps just delete sdk and download again?.. (im assuming your PC has been shut down rebooted etc since updates)

Also ive noticed that SDk really hammersd Video card (esp when i run 2 or 3 SDKs at same time) so free drive space and other apps running is worth noting
but as i said Total guesses here

good Luck

Upvote 0
Resolved: Latest Nvidia drivers hosed up my system pretty good and after several hours of mucking around I got my video back working and the drivers apparently corrected this problem. Still no idea what could have gone wrong earlier but the new drivers may have fixed it.

Good to see you're back in action then :]

Upvote 0