• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Video- killin and defending Kaukasus

A different spin:

This is the type of video that would fit great with your typical sci-fi FPS such as Quake. The skill level shown in the vid was impressive, but the way it was all just small cut scenes it gave no context to the battle, just your personal skill in each particular situation. RO requires a heck of a lot of skill, but its different from most twitch shooters and therefore making a video with all the usual twitch shots, for me does not fit with this game. The video just felt wrong.

The best videos for this game are ones with longer scenes of action showing action from maybe others rather than just yourself. I've seen a few good RO videos, two that come to mind and are easy to find are the original trailer and the dyselxi video. The other crucial thing is they use music that really brings a lot of atmosphere. I realise your music was hardout but it didn't hold my attention or seem in any way relevant to what was happening.

On the other hand, as an ex-CoD player I think your video as it was would make a good CoD video, with CoD being more of a twitch fast-paced shooter. The music should fit the type and pace of the game.

Just my $0.02

BTW good on ya for taking the time to make a video and actually completing it. I know these things can take a really long time. :)

Upvote 0