• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Video crashing again

Boogerhead

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2006
During the beta testing a few moons ago, my instability problems with the video (e.g., when changing from full-screen to partial screen, or minimizing with the Windows-M hotkeys) were solved.

They seem to be back without any configuration changes; possibly due to the hotfix. I don't know, as I've been offline for a month or so during a move.

Second crash happened today when I shrunk out of full-screen (alt-enter) during a level download; when it got started back up, I alt-entered to go back into full screen and immediately crashed completely.

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1731 MHz with 1271MB RAM
Video: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (4764)

LockRect failed: D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Kriegstadt: Berlin, April 28 1945 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Notably, the "submit bug report" button still points to a faulty URL.

System is a Pentium M 1.73 laptop with Intel 900 video. No driver changes.

Attachments

• RedOrchestra.log.txt
    18.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Shifting to full screen:

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1731 MHz with 1271MB RAM

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Beach <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
No such luck. Problem seems to have cropped up in the last couple months after being fixed during the beta testing:

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1732 MHz with 1271MB RAM

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::present <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level RO-Tcherkassy <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Also, the "Submit Bug Report" URL is still busted ...

Upvote 0