• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Very lop-sided battle

On a version of Arad, i think it was that SH one with the farm. I was popping enemy tanks at 1000 yards in a T34/76 on the front and side armor. I must have got 4-5 tanks in a run at best. I got my hands on an IS2 and bounced nearly everything but by this time the axis started to hide so i hardly got any...:mad: But that round was fun anyway. The Q and E buttons are my buddies.:D

Do you use the Q & E buttons? that how I find my range. I do a HE test shot or two as to prime my system, but I can normally guess the distance within 200 meters, usually only 100 meters. Oh man im figuring out the metric system...;)

Yes, I do use those keys. You'll get the hang of the metric system fast enough. ;)

Upvote 0
I think he talks about Arad SH, it's a big map.

You are quite right. In fact, myself and a few of our friends from Germany have been using 1200m and 1600m settings more often than not when long distance firing in SH. I might add, that with AB, the "zoom" setting on the Commander's binoculars comes in very handy for bracketing and sighting in. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are quite right. In fact, myself and a few of our friends from Germany have been using 1200m and 1600m settings more often than not when long distance firing in SH. I might that with AB, the "zoom" setting on the Commander's binoculars comes in very handy for bracketing and sighting in. :)

How do you use the binocs for estimating distance?

Upvote 0
How do you use the binocs for estimating distance?

Those triangular pips in the binoculars are set for a certain distance. You can estimate distance by seeing how much space a tank takes up between the points of those pips. Offhand I can't remember what the "zero" distance is for a tank filling exactly one space between pip points.

Upvote 0